Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

below wilson dam

I have fished two lakes in alabama, lake weiss, and guntersville. sometime around mid feburary, about 6 or 8 of us guys are planning on going to guntersville lake for a few days. I hear that below wilson dam, in the pickwick river. the smallmouth fishing is real good. i'm thinking of taking one day while down their and fish below wilson dam. if any of you guys have fished this area before, and can give me any advice. on fishing below wilson dam in mid feburary I would be greatful. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: below wilson dam

I have been there 1 time. When we were there the smallmouth fishing was fair. Mostly caught by drifting downstream with the generation current. Bouncing tubes, spinner baits, ets. We did catch a 75lb catfish on a spinner bait and 8lb test.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: below wilson dam

Quote Originally Posted by troutman View Post
    I have been there 1 time. When we were there the smallmouth fishing was fair. Mostly caught by drifting downstream with the generation current. Bouncing tubes, spinner baits, ets. We did catch a 75lb catfish on a spinner bait and 8lb test.
    hey thanks, the catfish alone would be worth the trip. that was a nice one. I heard the fish feed best when they'er generating water. thanks for the tips on the baits. I don't remember his name, but some guy on smalljaws forums had a real good trip down their. and he posted a lot of nice smallmouths on the smalljaws site.I'm going to give it a try.