Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Shepherdsville
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    On the Sportsmen Channel watched the show Angling in America's National Parks. They were in the Smokies fishing on Little River. The Smokies are may favorite place to fish and the Little River is where I caught my first wild trout.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    On the Sportsmen Channel watched the show Angling in America's National Parks. They were in the Smokies fishing on Little River. The Smokies are may favorite place to fish and the Little River is where I caught my first wild trout.
    Nothing like familiar waters to put you in the FFin spirit! I take it the Little River doesn't produce much size....but is fished more for catching the wild trout...is that right? How big do they get in there? I'm curious cause I'd like to try it sometime. Thanks Tim.

    -Rich

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Shepherdsville
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    Rich, there is not a lot of size in there, but there are a few larger fish (15 inches and above) caught there. The river gets quite a bit of pressure at times because it is easy to fish from the road. The main drag taking you from Gatlinburg to Townsend parallel's it for much of it's flow and there are a lot of pull offs along the way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Rich, there is not a lot of size in there, but there are a few larger fish (15 inches and above) caught there. The river gets quite a bit of pressure at times because it is easy to fish from the road. The main drag taking you from Gatlinburg to Townsend parallel's it for much of it's flow and there are a lot of pull offs along the way.
    Thanks Tim. By the way, was that pretty bow on your site caught from that river? We go to Gatlinburg every year, I'm going to make it a point to check it out next time.

    -Rich

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Shepherdsville
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Thanks Tim. By the way, was that pretty bow on your site caught from that river? We go to Gatlinburg every year, I'm going to make it a point to check it out next time.

    -Rich
    No, that fish was from Abrams Creek, in the Cade's Cove section. Some call it the spring creek section. When you get ready to go, let me know and I will try and point you in the right direction. I have fished there for 11 years now and I have every guide book ever written about trout fishing in the GSMNP.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    No, that fish was from Abrams Creek, in the Cade's Cove section. Some call it the spring creek section. When you get ready to go, let me know and I will try and point you in the right direction. I have fished there for 11 years now and I have every guide book ever written about trout fishing in the GSMNP.
    Will do Tim, thanks.

    -Rich

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a great place to fish ????????????
    By green river time in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
  2. Is this a great place to fish ????????????
    By green river time in forum Tennessee Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. Your favorite night-fishing line???
    By Shimano4Life in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
  4. Need a place to fish?
    By stoner in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
  5. Looking for a good place to fish
    By TomWillie in forum Illinois Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •