Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

On the Sportsmen Channel watched the show Angling in America's National Parks. They were in the Smokies fishing on Little River. The Smokies are may favorite place to fish and the Little River is where I caught my first wild trout.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saw my favorite place to fish on tv last night

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    On the Sportsmen Channel watched the show Angling in America's National Parks. They were in the Smokies fishing on Little River. The Smokies are may favorite place to fish and the Little River is where I caught my first wild trout.
    Nothing like familiar waters to put you in the FFin spirit! I take it the Little River doesn't produce much size....but is fished more for catching the wild trout...is that right? How big do they get in there? I'm curious cause I'd like to try it sometime. Thanks Tim.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Rich, there is not a lot of size in there, but there are a few larger fish (15 inches and above) caught there. The river gets quite a bit of pressure at times because it is easy to fish from the road. The main drag taking you from Gatlinburg to Townsend parallel's it for much of it's flow and there are a lot of pull offs along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Rich, there is not a lot of size in there, but there are a few larger fish (15 inches and above) caught there. The river gets quite a bit of pressure at times because it is easy to fish from the road. The main drag taking you from Gatlinburg to Townsend parallel's it for much of it's flow and there are a lot of pull offs along the way.
    Thanks Tim. By the way, was that pretty bow on your site caught from that river? We go to Gatlinburg every year, I'm going to make it a point to check it out next time.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Thanks Tim. By the way, was that pretty bow on your site caught from that river? We go to Gatlinburg every year, I'm going to make it a point to check it out next time.

-Rich
    No, that fish was from Abrams Creek, in the Cade's Cove section. Some call it the spring creek section. When you get ready to go, let me know and I will try and point you in the right direction. I have fished there for 11 years now and I have every guide book ever written about trout fishing in the GSMNP.

Post Thanks / Like

No, that fish was from Abrams Creek, in the Cade's Cove section. Some call it the spring creek section. When you get ready to go, let me know and I will try and point you in the right direction. I have fished there for 11 years now and I have every guide book ever written about trout fishing in the GSMNP.
    Will do Tim, thanks.

-Rich