Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

any old timers fish out of starpoint Dale Hollow back in the late 1960's

Hey yall,

Just joined!

Any old timers on here that fished out of Starpoint dock, Dale Hollow back in the 1960 to early 70's! Or may know someone who did! I am trying to remember the mans name who ran the dock back then!

I was a kid then and fished out of there from 1966 to 1975! And we caught tons of crappie, Bass, and in 1967 my uncle caught a walleye, that was 8 oz. from the TENN stste record. His picture hung on the restdurant buttlin borad, as well of all the other fish we caught during them 10 years!

So if you know or someone who might know that mans name, please post!
    PS. Im writhing a county song, about Dale hollow, starpoint area from back in the day.
    Thanks
    drm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: any old timers fish out of starpoint Dale Hollow back in the late 1960's

I fish there now and will try to find out for you. Nathen runs it now and he got it from his aunt Tommie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, tglass

Thanks so much, I am writing county music now, And some songs I write, I would like to be as accurate as possible, with all the details!

One more thing, is that restdurant, still there, when we caught fish, they would cook our catch for supper that night!....with all the fixings!

And if so, is all the old pictures (THAT people caught) still hung in there from way back to the late 1960's?

Thanks, for any new info!...........PS anyone from Tenn, FISH (or who likes county music, is gone-a, love this song!!!!!!!!

DRM, ........BMI

Post Thanks / Like

Love star point spent all my summers there until my family relocated to cumberland in the early 80's. I'll ask my granddad he went there from 1965 till we moved.