Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

flippin stick/jiggin rod help!!!!!!

hey guys, im lookin for a jiggin rod/ flippin stick. Ive been readin the post on the board but im still not sure whats right for me? i know gloomis is big with alot of you but i have also been lookin at the corrot stix e21 has out, the oringal rod not the gold 1. please help, all post and info will be appricated! thanks guys!!!!! Oh most of my fishin will probably be on ceder creek cause i live 4 miles from the lake! but cumberland green and dale as well as laurel are all in reasonable distance! thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: flippin stick/jiggin rod help!!!!!!

I have a old and I mean old Loomis flippin stick it is like a broom handle and I use it on Barkley in the buck bush and willows, I recently bought a Diawa " Light & Tough " it's medium heavy I think it's 7'2" and its great for flippin, pitchin, jigin, Diawa calls it a froggin rod, the price is wright I like mine alto, P.S. it's telescopic JMO

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

i have some a love them,but have broke one.Your going to break some no matter what.It is a good rod.They all break dont let anyone tell you different all the way to g-loomis.The Daiwa light and tough 7'6 is also a good one .I have 2 and never had to replace one yet and use them for most of my flippin,very good rod with 5yr warranty.Just pick one that feels good to you,just make sure it has some kind of warranty.And yes carrot stix do break but you have to cinsider the numbers being sold also.For the number sold i would say they dont break no worse than any other brand.Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Careful with the carrot stik, if its the one they no longer sell you might have issues with that "lifetime" warranty, my fishing partner did.

Post Thanks / Like

All Star Big Boy is as tough as they come, have two, also in a lighter weight stick the Arris is a good one. No trouble with either one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Carrot Stix 7'6" Extra Heavy for flipping and it is a great rod, I broke one last year trying to flip a fish in the boat too quick, and took it back and got another handed right to me. Very light, very sensitive and great back bone.

I have begun changing out most of my rods to the B&R Outlaw Rods, I am not sponsored or connected any way with them other than the love of their product. They are compared to the highest end rods by allot of guys and I met the owner Robert and he is just as down to earth as you can get, they are selling them in 5 states now and continue to grow. Their 7'6" Extra Heavy Fast tip is awesome and I sometimes am torn as to which rod I want to flip with. You can read about them here:

http://www.broutlawrods.com/home.html