Search Fishin.com

Thread: Tim_T

Post Thanks / Like

Tim_T

How did Da-ville do with signing day for footsball? I know the Gators did pretty good but you can save me the time of looking into how that ole' Gator C. Strong has done? Just curious....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim_T

A top 50 class and several 4 star players. Tim can add more, but Strong has Louisville on the move in a very short time. He's already brought in more highly recruited kids in his first year than Ronald McDonald did in his entire tenure here at The Ville.

Post Thanks / Like

All thing considered Don, they brought in a quality class. A few four star players. Got some kids from Florida and stole two recruits from Geprgia. Lost Patterson of Central to UK but mostly because we got in on him to late. Strong needs to get a pipeline to Louisville Central going because they are producing most of the big time d-1 recruits in the state. They are loaded with stud underclassmen and they are coached by Ty Scroggins who is a former Cards player.

The class ranks around 45-46, but I really like it. Nice job from a guy who has been on the job for a couple of months and inherited a huge mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you guys got a good one...Go Gators. Even ex Gators...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    All thing considered Don, they brought in a quality class. A few four star players. Got some kids from Florida and stole two recruits from Geprgia. Lost Patterson of Central to UK but mostly because we got in on him to late. Strong needs to get a pipeline to Louisville Central going because they are producing most of the big time d-1 recruits in the state. They are loaded with stud underclassmen and they are coached by Ty Scroggins who is a former Cards player.

The class ranks around 45-46, but I really like it. Nice job from a guy who has been on the job for a couple of months and inherited a huge mess.
    Patterson made a mistake and may regret his decision. Also if he doesn't get his grades up his isn't going to play for anybody??

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, Tim Patterson will be fine. He needs to get his test score up, but from what I know of the kid I expect him to qualify. From what I have been told there are two reasons he chose UK.

#1 Kragthorpe never saw him play and let's just say Joker Phillips did a far better job of recruiting him than anybody on the U of L staff.

#2 Ridge Wilson and Mister Cobble both were high school teamates and both are at UK, they all grew up together and have been friends.

Coach Strong needs to put a lot of focus on the Central program, there are some studs in their freshman and sophomore class (three of them played for me when they were young). It is time to open a pipeline to Central like Petrino had with Male!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya Tim. I saw a Patterson interview and he seems like a fairly good and grounded kid. Central's coach is doing a nice job, on and off the field.