Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any old timers fish out of starpoint dale holler back in the late 1960's-early 70's

Hi all,

From 1966 to around 1975, we stayed at star point, DH, and fished out 1 to 2 time a year, caught a lot of crappie, bass, and had a uncle who caught a walleye that was around 8oz. shy of the TENN state record, that was in 1967.

I am trying to remember the mans name who ran star point dock back then! If you ever tried to fish off the dock, or around it (I am sure you would remember his name) LOL (or you may know someone from the area who may know)

I am writing country music now, and a song about Dale Hollow, and star point dock area! It is about complete, just need that last bit of detail!
    Thanks for any info.
    drm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any old timers fish out of starpoint dale holler back in the late 1960's-early 70

Post this on smalljaw.com and you should get a quick answer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any old timers fish out of starpoint dale holler back in the late 1960's-early 70

Quote Originally Posted by drm View Post
    Hi all,

From 1966 to around 1975, we stayed at star point, DH, and fished out 1 to 2 time a year, caught a lot of crappie, bass, and had a uncle who caught a walleye that was around 8oz. shy of the TENN state record, that was in 1967.

I am trying to remember the mans name who ran star point dock back then! If you ever tried to fish off the dock, or around it (I am sure you would remember his name) LOL (or you may know someone from the area who may know)

I am writing country music now, and a song about Dale Hollow, and star point dock area! It is about complete, just need that last bit of detail!
    Thanks for any info.
    drm
    Would live to hear your song when complete, please let us know. I have fished the Holler since about the mid eighties(spring chicken) mostly around Hendrick's Cr, i keep my boat there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys,

I did make the same post on smalljaw, But because I used the words Old timer, I may have got the door slamed in my face! LOL I fished there back in the 1960's and considered my self an old timer! O'well.

But these days I guess you have to be political correct in un charted waters. I grew up who's family friends were Country singers on mid-western hay ride, Hee haw and Nashville recording artist. The all used the term Old timers, Only ment you lived in a time of good country music, and good fishin! LOL I guess Merles Song, "Are the good times realy over" stands true! Well any way, I writing a song the people of Ky, Tenn. and the people of Dale Hollow will be proud off!

Drm (BMI)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Just want to let everyone know that the great guys, down at smalljaw.com
    Opened the door with arms wide open and I got the information I was searching for!

Just one of them little mis-understanding!

Thanks all!

Dave