Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Skeet Reese Rods

Just got the 7'2 plastic rod and was wondering if any one has tried these series of rods. Got it for my bday so. Can't wait to try it out. I have plans on getting the revo anyone know how they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Skeet Reese Rods

I have looked at those rods and was wondering the same thing. I have a few revos and they are nice reels. I looked at them and the new Abu rods and they a whole lot alike.

Post Thanks / Like

The new abu garcia vendetta rods have a metal butt cap. That can't feel good on a hard hookset. Cork handles will burn my midsection up.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for a new rod and it was between the skeet, abu, or the bps carbonlite because they all have split grips. After I looked at all of them in the store, I ended up getting the carbonlite. Both the skeet and abu were pretty bulky compared to the carbonlite. At the time the carbonlite was a tad more expensive but right now I believe bps has them on sale for the same price as the abu and skeet. So if you are still thinking about getting the abu I'd get the carbonlite instead. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsonthelake84 View Post
    Just got the 7'2 plastic rod and was wondering if any one has tried these series of rods. Got it for my bday so. Can't wait to try it out. I have plans on getting the revo anyone know how they are?

I have 3 of them. The 7'2" is great for frogs also. I have the new 8ft flippin rod and love it. I got mine at Brandenburg Huntin and Fishin I think he sells them for around $80. For the price they are pretty good rods in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a 7'2" rod and another Revo SX. I realy do like the Revo reels. I already have two SX and a premier. Never any trouble and can cast small lures easily. Know a guy that got the Skeet Reese worm and jig rod last summer and he loves it. Seems to be a good rod for the price. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Can't wait to try it out. Wish this cold weather would end.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at those too but I like the daiwa rods that came out last year. 79 - $99. Can't beat that! Took back all of my extremes to bps and replaced all with the daiwas and love them. Flipped alot of bushes on barkley and so small, strong and lite. WOW! Looking at maybe getting the flippin stick in the carbonlite at bps.

Post Thanks / Like

Skeet Reese Signature Series

http://fishin.com/forums2/../images/...oldingbass.jpgThese are some of the most innovative rods I've ever fished with. These new Tessera S-Curve blanks and the Tri-Gressive S-Glass blanks are super lightweight and unbelievably sensitive for all the power they deliver.
    And I'm not blowing smoke here.
    I've always wanted to put my name on a rod that would give any angler the kind of competitive edge I'm after, at an affordable price. I teamed up with the folks at Wright & McGill Co. and discussed exactly what I personally like in a rod (and honestly, always paid a lot more for).
    They introduced me to this new process, and a new blend of materials, that results in a thinner diameter blank that weighs less than conventionally constructed blanks without sacrificing durability.
    These Skeet Reese Signature Series Tessera S-Curve blanks and Tri-Gressive S-Glass blanks are some of the most technologically advanced I've ever seen. The components are the best around. And the line covers all the right actions for the hottest techniques in bass fishing.
    Don't think for one moment this rod isn't great because of the price. Because if it wasn't, I wouldn't jeopardize my career by using them. So I'm telling you, if they work great for me, they will work awesome for you. I hope they help you catch more fish than ever before.

Tight lines,
    Skeet Reese

(W & M) wright & McGill co. makes these rods. they also make a real good spinnging reel called a (Sabalos) im real impressed, everbody need one of these babys ,maybe ill get one for my b-day,,,,lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got three this winter and hope they do OK. For the price I thought I would try them out. Plus they match the color of my boat! Thats gotta count for something!??!