Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New Fly Tying Material @ Gander in BG!!!

It's about time that Gander Mountain started to stock some fly tying materials here in BG. They always had a terrible selection of basic items, but they must have gotten the memo and order a TON of materials! I loaded up on stuff! Can't wait to get tying after my next three day work stent up in L-Ville. Might have to swing back by BPS while I'm up there...I can always find something I need up there!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: New Fly Tying Material @ Gander in BG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    It's about time that Gander Mountain started to stock some fly tying materials here in BG. They always had a terrible selection of basic items, but they must have gotten the memo and order a TON of materials! I loaded up on stuff! Can't wait to get tying after my next three day work stent up in L-Ville. Might have to swing back by BPS while I'm up there...I can always find something I need up there!

-Rich
    Alright Man ! Cannot wait to see some of them ! I know what you mean about BPS ! I always pick up way more than I expect to in the Tying Dept. I am going to have to make a trip to BG Now and check out Gander !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Fly Tying Material @ Gander in BG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Alright Man ! Cannot wait to see some of them ! I know what you mean about BPS ! I always pick up way more than I expect to in the Tying Dept. I am going to have to make a trip to BG Now and check out Gander !
    I can't get out of BPS without dropping a hundred dollar bill! (sometimes a couple!). The selection @ Gander Mtn. isn't nearly as much as @ BPS. I'm just happy to have something here in BG for those last minute tying necessities!

I will tie some up when I get back from work this next weekend. I haven't been tying much of anything lately....can't seem to sit down long enough to start without the wife or daughter coming in and needing me for something. lol.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get out of BPS without dropping a hundred dollar bill! (sometimes a couple!). The selection @ Gander Mtn. isn't nearly as much as @ BPS. I'm just happy to have something here in BG for those last minute tying necessities!

I will tie some up when I get back from work this next weekend. I haven't been tying much of anything lately....can't seem to sit down long enough to start without the wife or daughter coming in and needing me for something. lol.

-Rich
    You gotta love them ! That is your main job man!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rich, another place with some good materials in Louisville is Forward Cast out of Breckinridge Ln and St. Matthews. It is the only fly shop in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Hey Rich, another place with some good materials in Louisville is Forward Cast out of Breckinridge Ln and St. Matthews. It is the only fly shop in the area.
    I will have to check that out when I get up there this week. How are their prices? Thanks Tim.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to check that out when I get up there this week. How are their prices? Thanks Tim.

-Rich
    Reasonable prices and knowledgeable about fly fishing. They have a web site if you are interested: www.forwardcast.net.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Reasonable prices and knowledgeable about fly fishing. They have a web site if you are interested: www.forwardcast.net.
    That is a nice little shop ! Friendly , Knowledgeable staff!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim & Rock!

***ALERT!!!***

Took the daughter to gymnastics last night, which is conveniently next to Gander Mtn (and my wife wonders why I offer to take her every week, ) so I snuck over there during her class. Well, they had all that new fly tying material on the racks and organized.....and half of the stuff was marked red....and red = 50% OFF!!! I looked like a fat kid in a candy shop! My arms were so stuffed I had to go get a shopping cart. I loaded up on 50% off stuff like: Marabou quills of all colors, flash back of all colors, Reel Eggs in all colors, Mustad hooks 100 count in all sizes, SLF dubbing boxes with 12 varioius dubbing colors, bead heads, and material boxes! Got a $100 worth of stuff for $50! I'm stoked! Gotta get back over there before it's all gone....just gotta wait till I get some more money! lol!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

ya know, I am only an hour and 15 minutes from Bolwing Green. I might have to make a trip soon lol.

Actually I am going to be driving through there a week from Saturday heading to Nashville for the NWTF convention. Might have to make a detour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim & Rock!

***ALERT!!!***

Took the daughter to gymnastics last night, which is conveniently next to Gander Mtn (and my wife wonders why I offer to take her every week, ) so I snuck over there during her class. Well, they had all that new fly tying material on the racks and organized.....and half of the stuff was marked red....and red = 50% OFF!!! I looked like a fat kid in a candy shop! My arms were so stuffed I had to go get a shopping cart. I loaded up on 50% off stuff like: Marabou quills of all colors, flash back of all colors, Reel Eggs in all colors, Mustad hooks 100 count in all sizes, SLF dubbing boxes with 12 varioius dubbing colors, bead heads, and material boxes! Got a $100 worth of stuff for $50! I'm stoked! Gotta get back over there before it's all gone....just gotta wait till I get some more money! lol!

-Rich
    Good Haul Man ! You cannot have enough tying materials , Or Fly Rods !
    Just look at how much money you saved. My wife will come in with something and say " But it was on clearance "