Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Phoenix bass boats

What can you tell me about Phoenix bass boats? Somone told me they are the new up and coming bass boat. has anyone rode in one?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phoenix bass boats

If you would like to come down to lake cumberland I would be more than glad to take you out in one

Post Thanks / Like

You can go to Renegade Marine and ask for a ride and they will take you out. 270 259-0001 ask for Dave Applegate he will hook you up.

Post Thanks / Like

if i was buying a new boat i would be 99% leaning on the 619 wit the 200..721 is a sweet ride i just don't need that much boat.

Post Thanks / Like

The 619 has been selling really good for me just ordered two more!! Give me a call anytime 606 307 2882

Post Thanks / Like

They sure are laid out nice and fishable. Seem to well thought out as to storage space utilized to the max, do not know about how that carosale will hold up in a rough ride but all in all I am impresssed looking hard at getting one.

Post Thanks / Like

Phoenix boats are just the old Bumblebee boats redesigned and packaged under a new name. NO THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamahammer View Post
    Phoenix boats are just the old Bumblebee boats redesigned and packaged under a new name. NO THANKS
    Obviously you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I love it when people have no information to form an opinion on but give one anyway. Phoenix was started by a bunch of people that left Stratos. The layout of the boat is one of the best I've seen personally. I've only been in the 721 but the ride on it is outstanding. It's a nice combination of speed and ride. If I were to ever fork out the money to buy a new boat it would be a 721. Yeah Phoenix owns Beeline too but the 2 are no where even close to the same boat. Different hull and everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

guess you fit that catagory huh? The president of Phoenix own words" We were able to acquire the Bumblebee facility along with all the equipment and molds and many of the same people who built Bumblebee will have remained to build the Phoenix in order to get up and running quickly" So riddle me this, same plant, same equipment, same people AND SAME MOLDS. Other than a few changes here and there equals BUMBLEBEE

Post Thanks / Like

Actually you are both somewhat right. Yes Phoenix was started by people from another company and they do own the bees as well. Yes they are in the same facility with the same people and same molds. Is there characteristics of the bumblebee built in the Phoenix? By looking at them yes there is but are they exactly alike? No Are they doing anything more special than Skeeter or Ranger to set them apart? I doubt it other than a cheaper price tag. Myself I will wait a few years to see how they hold up versus the Skeeters or Rangers. The companies these people came from had a VERY small market share and my guess is Phoenix will be in the same "boat" as those companies. Be interesting to see if they are around 10 or 15 years from now

Post Thanks / Like

TULLAHOMA, Tenn. – A veteran team of boat builders announced today the formation of Phoenix Bass Boats™, which rose from the ashes of another independent boat manufacturer.

“Phoenix will produce top-of-the-line bass boats with special attention to customer service,” company President Gary Clouse said. “Our plan is simple: We’ll build a company people trust because we design and manufacture high-quality boats that are offered at competitive prices without compromising customer service.”

Clouse is joined in the venture by Hank Baker and Teresa Johnson, both of whom served on the management team of Stratos Boats with Clouse until leaving in February 2006. Rounding out the Phoenix executives is Greg Strahm, previously a part of the Stratos design team.

Phoenix Bass Boats will be headquartered at the former Bumble Bee plant, which closed its doors earlier this year.

“We didn’t buy Bumble Bee, but we were able to acquire their equipment and molds, and lease their modern 50,000-square-foot factory where they had previously been,” Clouse said.

That allows Phoenix to get up and running quickly, putting out a boat line based on the acquired molds.

“Our first boats will be the Bee Line series, which will include eight models ranging from 15 to 21 feet long,” Clouse said. “The first of those boats will be on the market by Oct. 1.”

The Bee Line series will be built by many of the same employees who worked for Bumble Bee, and will be priced for the entry-level angler.

“A 21-foot Bee Line with a 225-horsepower outboard will retail in the $35,000 range,” Clouse explained.
    This is not a stripped down model: The boat will include much of the equipment that many other manufacturers only offer as options or sell for a much higher price.

At the same time, Phoenix will provide service to current Bumble Bee owners.

“We can’t assume Bumble Bee warranties, but we’ll do whatever we can to help owners of those boats and would welcome a call if they have any issues with their boats,” he said.

The first all-original, performance-based Phoenix Bass Boat designs will be ready for market by the spring of 2008, with 18- and 21-foot versions being released first. Two new models will then be marketed every nine months for the next four years to bring the Phoenix stable up to 18 models, Clouse said.

“We’re going to design these boats for serious bass anglers,” the one-time professional angler said. “My experience goes back to using the product, and I am constantly looking for new ideas to make our day on the water better. We’ll be introducing innovations not seen before in the bass-boat industry.”

“These won’t be cookie-cutter, mass-produced boats.”

He said obvious areas on which designers will concentrate include improved hole shot and running stability, but Clouse stressed that Phoenix Bass Boats will completely redefine “performance.”

“We’ll be looking at all-around handling performance: how the boat runs in rough water, how easy it is to fish out of, how tackle systems are integrated and many other things,” he said. “The whole package is my definition of performance.”

Dealer selection is ahead of schedule, as Phoenix dealers are coming on board daily.

For more information on Phoenix Bass Boats, log onto www.phoenixbassboats.com or call
    (931) 455-2014.

Well, the way I read this artical was that they would use the B-line molds for new B-line boats. I guess to get money flowing. Quote ( The first all-original, performanced based Phoenix bass boat designs would be ready the spring of 2008. )They say there a new design, I guess its up to the consumer to deside one way or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dude I tried finding that and couldn't. Like I said I love people who form opinions based on absolutely nothing. The question was about Phoenix boats, not bumblebee. 2 totally different boats.