Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pitino to Nets!!!!

I don't think this story has any legs and Pitino was on Sportscenter saying he has No interest in going back to the pro ranks but we all know where there is smoke the is fire. I don't think he's going anywhere until he retires. Anybody care to weigh their opinion on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pitino to Nets!!!!

Same thing he did here at UK...

I personally think he has to much to prove to leave now that Coach Cal is here. The only reason he would leave would be for his own personal reasons. It would be a mistake to leave Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was just rumor started because he has been in that area this week. If he was that interested, he probably wouldn't have been recruiting at Rice High School up there.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he has a burning desire to coach John Wall and that's why he's going to the Nets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I think he has a burning desire to coach John Wall and that's why he's going to the Nets!
    Thats awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

He's already told several sources it's complete BS. Besides the Nets don't want him anyway. Very Very few guys have ever made the leap to the Nba from College Bombed out totally then got a second chance, very few. Ricky Poo ain't going nowhere, Fogetta Bout It.......................................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    He's already told several sources it's complete BS. Besides the Nets don't want him anyway. Very Very few guys have ever made the leap to the Nba from College Bombed out totally then got a second chance, very few. Ricky Poo ain't going nowhere, Fogetta Bout It.......................................
    with the NETS being 4 and 48 this year, they would be happy with who ever would want to take that job. we all know how honest rick splitino is, and when he says hes not going anywhere, well, hes not going anywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm OK with him staying at Louisville....kind of like I was OK with Kragthorpe staying there

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Pitino did not bomb out of the NBA because of his coaching ability. It was because of his GM ability that he struggled. Why does everyone forget what a good job he did with the Knicks?

All that beuing said, I don't see him leaving for an NBA job, but who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Calipari coached the Nets in the mid to late 90's...kinda ironic huh?
    Naw Pitino won't go to the nets....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post

Thats great Michael....once you get to the NBA it's no as much about your coaching ability as it is about the players youre coaching....if you have a less talented team you lose....and you can't go out and recruit new guys...don't believe me look at doc rivers resume...funny how he's now one of the top coaches in the NBA but a couple years ago without Ray Allen and KG they were talkin about him losin his job

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I wish he would go he's done. He's one big circus act side show. There is constantly something going on with this guy that distracts the team. Louisville is getting their ass handed to them by St Johns, please St Johns.

NIT bound and down.

Only good thing is watching Edgar ''Useless'' Sosa go somewhere, anywhere just GO!
    Jerry Smith another waste of court space.
    This team is freaking horrible, I knew this was a rebuild year but My God they stink so bad it's hard to even watch.
    And I'll say it again Samantha Samuels is the softest player ever down low. I know girls that could whip his candy ass.

Sosa is not even good enough to play in Europe, maybe he can get my order right at McDonalds next year.

Pitino said Mike Marra was the best pure shooter he's ever seen, LMAO. That kid can't grab his rear with both hands. My Dog could shoot a better field goal percentage.
    Last edited by mhall; 02-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.