Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody fish Otter Creek recently?

I haven't been since they closed the park last year. It's a shame because that was my go-to place when I needed a quick trout fishing fix. 35 minutes from Louisville to fish for trout was pretty awesome. I know you can still go and fish on Ft. Knox I just haven't gotten motivated enough to do it in a while.

Anybody been recently? From the USGS it looks like the water level's still a little high there, but I might try to make it to the pump house or camp carlson sometime in the next week or so. Got cabin fever bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody fish Otter Creek recently?

I haven't fished it since the park closed either. I am thinking of getting my post permit and fish at Knox.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody fish Otter Creek recently?

Haven't fished on the reservation since I moved in January. You can have some success nymphing this time of year but their isn't much water you are actually allowed to fish. There are a few good holes (one in particular you can always pull a few out of) but it gets a hell of a lot of pressure from the campers and on base fisherman not to mention all the chubs and shiners you must contend with. The paths along the bank are beat down all year. If you have waders and are very sneaky and/or willing to post up on a spot for ten fifteen minutes to give it time to settle you can do ok. I'm certain it would be pretty nasty even that far upstream right now. Did catch one that was pushing 15 inches last time though...