Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what happened to the spring robins?

I have watched for the spring robins, to show up. and last tuesday with a big snow on the ground, and the trees covered with snow. I looked out the window, and their were thousands of beautiful red breasted robins. they were every where. the trees were full of spring robins. when the robins show up in the spring, winter is over. did the robins make a wrong turn, why did they show up so early? I sure was glad to see them.I thought winter is almost over now. but i haven't seen one sence last tuesday. what happened to them? did any of you guys see them at your place last week? when the robins show up in late winter and very early spring. the walleye are doing their thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what happened to the spring robins?

They FROZE TO DEATH BBBBRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I have watched for the spring robins, to show up. and last tuesday with a big snow on the ground, and the trees covered with snow. I looked out the window, and their were thousands of beautiful red breasted robins. they were every where. the trees were full of spring robins. when the robins show up in the spring, winter is over. did the robins make a wrong turn, why did they show up so early? I sure was glad to see them.I thought winter is almost over now. but i haven't seen one sence last tuesday. what happened to them? did any of you guys see them at your place last week? when the robins show up in late winter and very early spring. the walleye are doing their thing.
    Had the same thing happen at my house about a month ago. They were eating the berries in my holly tree. The next day there wasn't a berry on the tree and the robins had all vanished!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably went looking for food.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the gulls start showin up soon...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

I had a few robins a week or so ago and now they've vanished. The robins do not stay in an area this time of year if there's nothing to eat. They're probably still in your neighborhood, they're just not finding anything to eat in your yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw some last week too, but come to think of it haven't seen any this week.
    The Eastern Bluebirds I have around my Shepherdsville home are beautiful sitting on a limb with this white background. I need to get more shelled corn out for the little creatures.

Take a 1x10 board, place on snow, have large woman stand on it depressing snow, move board, repeat, broadcast corn and sunflower seed sit back and enjoy watching. High Fat& Protein Suet is also great. The nuthatches, titmice and the big pileated love it.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/P...er/lifehistory

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Hope the gulls start showin up soon...Chuck
    hey chuck, I was up louisville last week. my daughter lives their. and I went to the bass pro shop, across the river. and drove around and found the boat ramp below the falls.and didn't see you on the water, just kidding. the river was wild. the ramp had red lights flashing. everything was covered with snow. and I couldn't see any parking lot for boat trailers. do they have a parking lot. passed a little live bait store on the right, going in. just before the falls liquor store. do they sell skip jack their. I've never fished the river before, but plan on trying it when the weather warms. if you had two trips to make to the falls to fish this year, what two months would you go in. I remember the info. you gave me a couple months back. and I plan on trying it for a big blue this spring. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw a bunch of them when I went out from work to forage for lunch.

A hawk was chasing a lot of them around.

Post Thanks / Like

They left this God forsaken Tundra of a state and said the heck with it. What do we get about 100 good days a year here now. The wife won't let me move or you boys could have this place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    hey chuck, I was up louisville last week. my daughter lives their. and I went to the bass pro shop, across the river. and drove around and found the boat ramp below the falls.and didn't see you on the water, just kidding. the river was wild. the ramp had red lights flashing. everything was covered with snow. and I couldn't see any parking lot for boat trailers. do they have a parking lot. passed a little live bait store on the right, going in. just before the falls liquor store. do they sell skip jack their. I've never fished the river before, but plan on trying it when the weather warms. if you had two trips to make to the falls to fish this year, what two months would you go in. I remember the info. you gave me a couple months back. and I plan on trying it for a big blue this spring. thanks in advance.
    I was at the upper dam last week in a little spot I know, caught a couple sauger and two little channels. I did have a short lived run on a buffalo I had out there , by the looks of the marks left probably around 20#.....couldn't get the bait in his mouth.There is a trailor parking lot at the ramp you were at but only holds I think 6 ,probably covered with snow. I prefer the ampitheater ramp down in New Albany...don't have to worry about the COE down there. The bait store is big cats I know they carry minnows and some frozen stuff but I like mine fresh. As far as favorite months.... oh boy...Hmmmm That's a hard one I like em all..LOL We'll have to get together...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    They left this God forsaken Tundra of a state and said the heck with it. What do we get about 100 good days a year here now. The wife won't let me move or you boys could have this place.
    Mark, it will all be forgotten when you haul that 60#er over the side of the boat LOL. Hang in there brother I think only 75 day's till derby and you know what that means.