Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation A Boo Rod chooses Me !

Well I have a antique Bamboo rod that needed some work done on it to be useable. It needed 1 ferrule replacement and some thread wrapped and the reel seat epoxied. So theres this guy that lives here close that makes Bamboo rods. I had planned on having him repair mine for a while. So I take it over to him. And I get to looking at his Rods. I casted a 10' 8 WT that casted like a dream. But it was just too heavy. Then I casted a 9' 6Wt. And It did nothing for me. Then he has this little 6' 6" rod laying there. and it was a 5 WT. In the back of my mind I am wondering if Mrs Rock_Fish would use that??? Because she was admiring a similar rod from Orvis the other day. So I think might as well cast this one ! And when I did , There was pure magic happening between my hands and the Fly Line ! I swear I had a feeling that I cannot explain ! I could not believe it ! Because I DO NOT LIKE little short Rods ! This little rod casted like a 8.6" or better ! It will SHOOT line like my Tip flex ! It felt like an old friend , I swear I could hear music !
    This rod wanted to go home with me ! So I just had to have it And now that I got it home it just keeps calling and calling to me. Saying " Let's Go Fishin ! "

Be careful what you Test Cast ! You might just have a Rod to choose you !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Boo Rod chooses Me !

Now I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Rock! That's great! My Dad has always sported a 6'6" 4wt, and he loves it! Great for those little trout streams he loves to fish all the time. My next FR purchase is going to be 6'6"er. Lots of fun on little water! Where's the pic of this new rod! Come on!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    LOL Rock! That's great! My Dad has always sported a 6'6" 4wt, and he loves it! Great for those little trout streams he loves to fish all the time. My next FR purchase is going to be 6'6"er. Lots of fun on little water! Where's the pic of this new rod! Come on!

-Rich
    Well Rich , It is a little camera Shy ! But I will see what I can do. Maybe I can sneak up on it while it's sleeping !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Well Rich , It is a little camera Shy ! But I will see what I can do. Maybe I can sneak up on it while it's sleeping !
    LMAO! You and this rod.......is Mrs. Rock ok with this! lol! I thought the rod was going to be for her? Sounds like you might have a hard time sharing......LOL!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: A Boo Rod chooses Me !

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    LMAO! You and this rod.......is Mrs. Rock ok with this! lol! I thought the rod was going to be for her? Sounds like you might have a hard time sharing......LOL!

-Rich
    Hey easy now bout my rod now ! , LOL
    Have you ever heard that a Harley has a soul? And the other bikes are well just bikes? Well this rod either has a soul ? Or has touched Mine in some strange way! I cannot explain it any better than that ! But yes, If my better half wants it. It is hers ! I will maybe getta use it sometimes ! If it gets her started Fly Fishing with me , It would be worth the sacrifice ! Hummmmm..............???

What was I thinking ? Did I say that ?

LMAO !

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have me grinning ear to ear. I agree, they have a way of doing that to us, or at least me, wonderful women AND fine fishing rods. Must have something to do with being entrusted to hold something so fragile yet, so smooth and graceful in action you don't ever want to let it get to far away. And I don't care how it sounds to non-fly fishers because we all know it is as true as the rise...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: A Boo Rod chooses Me !

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    You guys have me grinning ear to ear. I agree, they have a way of doing that to us, or at least me, wonderful women AND fine fishing rods. Must have something to do with being entrusted to hold something so fragile yet, so smooth and graceful in action you don't ever want to let it get to far away. And I don't care how it sounds to non-fly fishers because we all know it is as true as the rise...
    Well said Colonel ! To people who have never had the experience. It probably sounds crazy ! But I can tell that you understand !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    That's beautiful Colonel....."tear".....!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

There is something about the feel of a good fly rod. I don't know how to explain it, but it exist.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my first fly rod...back from when I was 8-16 yrs old. It's a pfleuger, and nothing feels better to me than that rod! I still take it out once in awhile, and it's like being re-united with a long lost friend! I remember how many times that cheap old rod and I outfished guys with $1000 rods......loved it!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    There is something about the feel of a good fly rod. I don't know how to explain it, but it exist.
    Yep , The personality of the rod ! My rod might not feel good to you. And Vice versa. But it does feel good when you find one that fits !!!