Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Conditions on Nolin

Hey all, don't get discouraged, only 33 days til spring. I have cabin fever bad.
    But anyway, we have a club qualifier coming up this weekend on Nolin (I know, great timing) for the U of L bass team. Our biggest concern at this point is if the lake is or will be frozen over by the time we fish on Sunday after this recent cold snap. If anyone over the course of the next couple days could keep us posted, it would be greatly appreciated. Water color, temps, etc, are also great, but just knowing what's up with the ice is excellent. Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conditions on Nolin

Has anyone seen Nolin lately? We need to know if there is ice on the lake before this weekend. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Will post on Friday went down to the Dam and State ramp for a look around tonight. Did not see any ice on the main lake. They are pulling the lake pretty good and I think thats why I didnot see any Ice.

Post Thanks / Like

There are but a few baits that might catch black bass in this cold of water.
    If no-one catches a fish, how would it be determined if anyone is qualified.

Most stuff is melting if the sun can hit it. Hopefully the ramps and lake are not frozen. Can a Uof L Graduate fish the tournament or is only for those currently enrolled in school.

Post Thanks / Like

No ice at wax Lots of current and clear to slight stained 39` water!!!!!
    Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    No ice at wax Lots of current and clear to slight stained 39` water!!!!!
    Rowdy
    CLEAR TO SLIGHTLY STAINED? Are you kidding me? I figured it would be like chocolate milk down there!!! Looks like we are on boys!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Be carefull it is low by Sat. will be winter pool!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post

Most stuff is melting if the sun can hit it. Hopefully the ramps and lake are not frozen. Can a Uof L Graduate fish the tournament or is only for those currently enrolled in school.
    Nope, must be a currently enrolled student at U of L.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help.
    The qualifier is only open to undergrad students to qualify for College Bass events. HOWEVER, we are hosting a fundraiser tournament circuit starting in late March if you are interested. All procedes help with operating costs of the club (yeah, we have to raise our own funds, even though we fish for U of L), and there will be a substantial payout. PM me if you're interested. Will include Green, Rough, Barren (Spring and classic in fall), and Ohio River x 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Addict 170 View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help.
    The qualifier is only open to undergrad students to qualify for College Bass events. HOWEVER, we are hosting a fundraiser tournament circuit starting in late March if you are interested. All procedes help with operating costs of the club (yeah, we have to raise our own funds, even though we fish for U of L), and there will be a substantial payout. PM me if you're interested. Will include Green, Rough, Barren (Spring and classic in fall), and Ohio River x 2.
    Correction on that folks. The first tournament for our fundraiser circuit will be march 6 at rough river. That must have been a mistake, it does not start in late march. If you have questions regarding the tournaments or would like a schedule, I am the tournament director and you can email me at jlblak02@louisville.edu or call me at 502-724-9772. Thanks!