Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Grass or Weeds on Brookville? Any HELP

Grass or Weeds on Brookville? and are there any techniques or areas hot for on brookville im only 18 and going out on the lake for the first time this year on my own and would like too doo good and catch some fish, ya know maybe look like i know what im doin! Any help or info will be kept to me souly i will not share any. Any help Appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grass or Weeds on Brookville? Any HELP

Kevin, you will find scattered grass on Brookville but no real sustainable grass beds like on some other clear lakes.

When the lake opens up I would be fishing blade baits on most of the river channels and sides of the points going into the creek arms. Get the water temps up in the lower 40's and higher I would be hitting the edges of the flats with a jerk bait, right where you get your first drop from 15ft. into the much deeper water. If your lucky and the sun comes out high in the sky start moving further up on the flats. They will have the scattered grass beds as well. North and South of the beach on the Eastside of the lake offer some pretty good community flats to fish.

Brookville fishes a little different than most lakes and can be very humbling to say the least. The big smallies are what keep me coming back to it. The skunk day's make me curse it like a sob. When you have one of those day's where you are whacking big smallies all day you will fall in love with the place and continue to come back time after time, even when the place gives ya quick kick to the apple sack.

They're are a few articles found for Brookville @ www.indianasmallmouth.com

Sincerely, Ray Rigby

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ray, really appreciate it with all the tips have just done alot of reading on the low temperature fishing and seems to say to look for grass bad if there are any! I sent you a pm to by the way...Those articles i all have read i understand it somewhat, but the exact area and everything i dont get because im not very familiar with the lake or area. Hope to learn a bit....Thanks, Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

The only grass that I know of is at the very back of Templeton Creek but I don't think you'll find any early in the year anywhere on that lake.