Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Classic

Post Thanks / Like

2010 Classic

Is there any word that can adequately describe how good KVD is? Fourty some degrees water and he whack 19.5lbs. Absolutely incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Classic

frickin' amazing. I can't imagine having his combo of knowledge and focus. I'm thrilled catching just one four pounder!

Post Thanks / Like

Add: that's why he fishes and I do accounting!

Post Thanks / Like

he is the best there is and ever will be.....................

Post Thanks / Like

He is definitely the man, but the fat lady ain't sung just yet. I'm pulling for him all the way, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Words really can't describe what he can do in the fishing world. He is also a very well spoken person for his family and his sponsors. I have never met him in person but I feel like he is a class act.

Post Thanks / Like

What blows my mind is not that KVD did well; that in its own right it special.

What blows me away is the number of guys that zero'd relative to KVD doing 19.5. Seems unreal to me that this guy can find them and make them bite on any lake even if the action is on the slow side.

I can see a guy getting good intel and whacking them while 50% of the field struggles. Doing it week after week, year after year. No doubt the best bass fisherman ever and by a wide margin in my mind. With the internet, GPS and great sonar; every guy in the field has access to great information on the lake, water conditions, historical patterns and so on. Just can't figure out have KVD can make so much more of it then his competition.

Tourney is not over for sure but KVD was impressive on Day 1.

Generally I don't like tournament fishing but I have to admit KVD generates interest just because of how good he is. I think he is proportionally better in bass fishing then say Tiger woods or Lebron James in there professions.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out for Biffle...

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just hope he doesn't get "tiger woods syndrome" and try to spawn with every bait store chick within casting distance. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

He is definetly in a class by himself, and has been for a while, when he is done, and retires, I really believe he will be considered the best pro fisherman ever!!! I would love to be able to just ride around with him for a week, and see how he approaches a lake, and figures out the patterns of the fish! I like alot of the pro's but he definetly is my favorite, plus he is a class act, and a good family man!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been lucky enough to be around him numerous times and he always carries himself very well. My opinion on what seperates him from the other anglers is his mental approach. That is the same thing that seperates Tiger from other golfers and MJ from other basketball players. They are just tough mentally and they intimidate other competitors. kVD expects to win every tourney while others hope to do well.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the coverage and once again ESPN missed the boat. I hope it gets better as the T goes on but I don't think it will. Last couple of years it was no good either.