Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Classic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Classic

I get what your saying ZX, but really with ESPN it's a wonder they televise it at all. The sports talk radio station out of Nashville was kinda making light of the tourney, asking callers if they had any idea where the tournmanet was even being held. The majority of course didn't. As much as we all are drawn to fishing and everything associated with it, we are a minority.

That being said, did you see the guys from Massachusets. Said they drove 20 hours just to see the classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that is nuts. You are right about ESPN it just seems they had better coverage before the 4 letter bought them.

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that he's the best ever. Unlike the greats in other sports you can make a case for each one of them but with KVD there's no argument. As far as the tv coverage goes, I think ESPN is doing as good of a job as anyone could be. Think about it, it's an eight hours event with 51 competitors. That 408 hrs of footages and they have to shrink it down to one hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the coverage on tv is lame but there are some large obstacles that prevent them from doing better, most of which I know nothing about. I think the first two days would be the most difficult just because you don't want information being made available to the competitors especially if your the one leading. However, not showing the final day footage on tv until 10 pm is pathetic to me. Look at what is scheduled during the day on espn/espn2 prior to the 10pm coverage . It's all garbage, to me anyways. Showing it after the fact it just becomes another fishing show and is old news for anyone who wants to see what happened.
    Eight plus hours on the final day is a long time but they could at least show half the day plus the weigh in live. But of course I don't know crap about it and I am just whining because I am sitting here watching every other sport on the planet being shown live that I could care less about. Rant complete. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

I think they got gun shy about live broadcast because of the Pittsburg classic. Remember that one? they were catching nothing but dinks and they were far and few in between. It was boring, they showed the same thing over and over and most of it was the commentators talking about the same craps because they got nothing. It was the biggest waste of air time ever. I guess they need the time to produce an "entertaining" show hence the 10pm show time. I guarantee you it will be on next weekend in the morning if you can catch it tomorrow night. I'm not going to stay up until midnight myself. That's what DVR for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I just watched the coverage and once again ESPN missed the boat. I hope it gets better as the T goes on but I don't think it will. Last couple of years it was no good either.
    AGAIN THIS YEAR !!! Ok guys you should remember THIS IS NOT THE SHOW this is just the highlights as the reports come in from the water. When the show airs on espn2 it will be what we are used to seeing. And one more thing if KVD hadn't been fishing at the end of the parking lot you wouldn't have seen as much as you did. Man that guy can fish !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Yeah that is nuts. You are right about ESPN it just seems they had better coverage before the 4 letter bought them.
    WRONG !!! Before espn in years past THERE WAS NO COVERAGE as the classic happened. It was shown at a later date during the television schedule !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to KVD! He must have been a bass in his previous life. How he figured out that little area holds enough bass for 3 straight days and to catch the right kind of fish to win is crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought ESPN did a very good job with The Classic this year. On espn.com they had up to the minute blog info that kept you in the loop. I really enjoyed keeping up with the leader board this way. As for TV coverage, I give them an B+. It could have been better but all in all I thought it was solid.

I have no interest in watching a fishing tournament live. That would be boring. I don't want to watch one of those guys haul water for 30 casts before hooking up. Are you serious?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say the internet coverage was good. I liked the blog as well and the basscam, and basstrek. Sure a live tv airing of the whole day could be boring but they do air plenty of other boring shows. If I had my choice between watching soccer, gymnastics, some NBA or MLB games etc.. or possibly watching the final half day of the Bassmaster classic live then I would pick the latter.
    I must admit that I probably wouldn't even care about watching it on tv if I wasn't just watching the snow and ice melt. If it was better weather I'd be fishing myself...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the coverage is good. They show all the significant fish catches, and they are able to cut and edit everything into an hour broadcast. I seriously doubt anyone would seriously watch an 8 hour broadcast of each day on the water.......That's 24 hours of coverage......jmo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    I seriously doubt anyone would seriously watch an 8 hour broadcast of each day on the water.......That's 24 hours of coverage......jmo
    I agree 24 hours is nuts and nobody is gonna do that unless the alternative is getting their teeth pulled.