Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart batteries

For you guy's that use those Everstart marine batt's. I have heard that the warranty is now 30day's. I know several that would just trade them out every year and maybe they caught on?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walmart batteries

I bought one (yellow) few days ago. Based on the customer reviews lot of raving about the battery but since it have went downhill for some reason. In my area they no longer have warranty except free replacement within 3 yrs which is a good thing though. Looking to buy 2 more thats if the first one gonna hold charge!

Post Thanks / Like

I have three in my boat and if they go bad in 3 years tey will replace them all you have to pay is a small charge for disposal or something like 10 bucks. Better than 80-100 bucks for a new one though. I used to take mine in every year and a half because dummy me would leave them in the garage still hooked up and something on my old boat would draw current off of them and drain them over time. I now keep my charger plugged in and have had no problems on the new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me if they are replacing them free within 3 years, that is a 3 year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

if people were being dishonest, (as much as I dislike "the son's" Walmart) I'm glad they caught on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    if people were being dishonest, (as much as I dislike "the son's" Walmart) I'm glad they caught on
    Replacing a battery that is not holding a full charge is not dishonest....that is why you pay more for a battery with a good warranty. I have never had Wal Mart ever replace a battery that they did not check the battery first to see if it would hold a full charge.

Post Thanks / Like

I never "cheated the system" when I took mine in to get replaced they just sat in the garage all winter and could not hold a charge for some reason. I have since learned my lesson and I can fish all day on these batteries and come home and they are hardly out of juice. Not te best batteries but not bad if your looking to save some money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used these Batteries for several years and I use them year round, 12 hour night tournament, winter fishing. I have always had good luck out of them. I had one that when bad early and they replaced it. Anyway if I get three years out of a Battery as hard as I use one, that is great. Usually after 3 years they will not hold up to 12 to 15 hours on the lake so I replace anyway.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Just some FYI about batteries and who really makes them. A rose by any other name, don't ya know!

The majority of car batteries are created by 3 manufacturers - Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls Industries.

Delphi makes some EverStart models sold in Walmart and ACDelco.

Johnson Control Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard - sold in Sears, Kirkland - the Costco brand, Motorcraft - which Ford sells, some of the EverStarts, and Interstate.

Exide makes Exide batteries, Champion, Napa and even a % of the EverStart batteries.

AND: The best internet site with the best info and straight talk about batteries I've found -
    http://www.galttech.com/research/car...ar-battery.php

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Walmart batteries

I read an article years ago that said for optimal battery performance and life, get a hydrometer to test them while charging and only charge them to 1.265. I have followed this advice ever since and have gotten good performance out of all batteries, regardless of brand. I particularly remember a set of DieHards that lasted over five years, during which I usually fished at least two days a week from spring through fall. Sure, it's a little bit of an inconvenience, but who among us isn't into getting all that they can out of products and saving a few bucks these days?

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hairball View Post
    I read an article years ago that said for optimal battery performance and life, get a hydrometer to test them while charging and only charge them to 1.265. I have followed this advice ever since and have gotten good performance out of all batteries, regardless of brand. I particularly remember a set of DieHards that lasted over five years, during which I usually fished at least two days a week from spring through fall. Sure, it's a little bit of an inconvenience, but who among us isn't into getting all that they can out of products and saving a few bucks these days?
    I agree with ya. I tend to buy the cheapest batteries I can find. Charge them after ever trip, keep them charged between trips, and keep them out of extreme heat, watch water levels, and don't bang them around. Last 2 trolling motor batteries I bought were Stowaways from K-Mart at $65 each, group 27's in Jun and Oct 2006. And they are still alive and well. Now, if I could just get a dolly and a lift for them......my back is killling me!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson Controls also makes Optimas....