Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lip Ripping at 3springs 2/22/10!!!

Well, I wasn't able to get out over the weekend, so I thought I'd sneak out today to see if the bows would cooperate at 3springs. Glad I did! Got over there, had the whole lake to myself! It was overcast and spitting a little rain off and on, but otherwise nice. Made my way to the very back cove, and there it was......a rising frenzy! Fish jumping 3 feet out of the air! Put on a Wulff and one of those olive green bh lightning bugs I've been tying up, as a dropper.....waited for a rise...cast to it....Wulff immediately goes under...fish on! Did this all morning long till about 2 (had to pick the daughter up from school). Lost count at around 40. Nothing but 10-12" planters, but really fun! Felt good just to throw some line!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lip Ripping at 3springs 2/22/10!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Well, I wasn't able to get out over the weekend, so I thought I'd sneak out today to see if the bows would cooperate at 3springs. Glad I did! Got over there, had the whole lake to myself! It was overcast and spitting a little rain off and on, but otherwise nice. Made my way to the very back cove, and there it was......a rising frenzy! Fish jumping 3 feet out of the air! Put on a Wulff and one of those olive green bh lightning bugs I've been tying up, as a dropper.....waited for a rise...cast to it....Wulff immediately goes under...fish on! Did this all morning long till about 2 (had to pick the daughter up from school). Lost count at around 40. Nothing but 10-12" planters, but really fun! Felt good just to throw some line!

-Rich
    That is the kinda days that keep you coming back ! And the ones that you live for !

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, now I must get out this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for helping my withdraws Rich. If I don't get out and fish soon, I am going to lose it.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't sleep last night with visions of bows dancing in my head....so...I went back again today! This time I brought the jon boat and threw anchor right in the middle of them! They were still flipping out of the water everywhere! It was considerably colder today, with light snow. The fly of choice today seemed to be a brwn ch bugger with a #10 bh hares ear trailer. Same deal as yesterday....wait for the rise...make the cast....WHAMO! Felt so good! Drew a little crowd there for a minute with a couple cars parked up above watching me and honking each time I landed a fish....lol! Fun stuff!

-Rich