Search Fishin.com

Thread: Best rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Best rod?

So we have heard what everyone likes for reels. Now what do like to put those reels on? Well I picked up a new loomis crankbait rod this winter. I haven't used it much yet but I love it. By far the best I've used.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best rod?

shimano cumara lightest most sensitive rod i've ever used have several and two of the new reaction series

Post Thanks / Like

Feathercast made by Brian Althouse of Kokomo Indiana

Best hand made rods ever made!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    So we have heard what everyone likes for reels. Now what do like to put those reels on? Well I picked up a new loomis crankbait rod this winter. I haven't used it much yet but I love it. By far the best I've used.
    love the loomis rods, but i did buy my son the new crankbait rod that skeet uses, just havent been able to get him out to use it

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a tackle shop in Washington In. and my favorite rod is the one you are looking at.
    The St. Croix Tournament Legend is the one I use.
    <)))>< Jim

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine uses a lot of the skeet rods and says for the money they are the best out there for value and use. To bad they are sooo ugly. That bright yellow should just scare the fish into the boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto......I like Skeet a lot, but those rods are just too much for me!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya about the Skeet rods, but the CB rod is awsome. It could be pink and purple and I would still use it...

Fish won't see the color until they are in my boat!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon 7 ft heavy action BuCoo, light weight and balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is still my first "high end" to me rod, the Daiwa Light & Tough TL-661-5RB...6'6" Heavy.

Something about that reel seat seriously transmits all nibbles, grass catches, and rock nicks straight to my reel and hands. It could be the fluoro line or the rod, but you can feel it ALL.

I own Kistler Magnesiums, but that Light & Tough blows them away...no marketing hype, just a great rod.

Post Thanks / Like

AiRRUS Puls R , fantastic rod. I for some reason bought 5 new Kistlers this year and will see how well I like them. If I still like my AiRRUS better I will sell them and buy some more Puls R's. I heard that Garry Loomis and Ken Whitting ( Ken used to own AiRRUS , and they are both friends ) are planning on coming together with a new rod company. Wow , those two really know their stuff , I hope that is true and materializes...

Post Thanks / Like

Feathercast Rod's get my vote as well. I am a custom rod builder and I bought one of Brian's at my show. Very impressive rod for the money.

Ray Rigby