Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: USA Bassin classic

We're staying at Inn by The Lake. It's about 3 miles south of KenBar, which works out better because we'll be launching at ramps other than Kentucky Dam Village during our practice.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the rates like?

Post Thanks / Like

Not much of a difference vs. KenBar's rates. I think they were a little cheaper. I don't know what the rooms are like (we stayed at KenBar last year), but like I said, we never spent any time at the room unless we were sleeping. As long as I have a place to rest for a few hours before we go hit em again, I'll be fine. Hell, I would sleep in the truck if I had to.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    Actually, you have to accumulate 250 points in divisions to fish a regional. You then qualify for the Classic by fishing in a regional and finishing in the top 40%. Not as easy as it sounds........
    Thats exactly what I said fella....250 pts to qualify for regional...not that hard to catch one keeper in five tourneys. The regional at Patoka was tough....we were one of only five teams to have a limit. And it wasn't 40%....it was the top 40 out of 145 teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I know the amount depends on the number of boats but I was looking for the breakdown. $600 for a fifth place finish out of a 150 boats with a $125 entry fee is low. What did 1st-4th get?
    I'm not sure....but I think USA BASSIN only pays out 70% of the entry fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    Thats exactly what I said fella....250 pts to qualify for regional...not that hard to catch one keeper in five tourneys. The regional at Patoka was tough....we were one of only five teams to have a limit. And it wasn't 40%....it was the top 40 out of 145 teams.
    That's funny............I have a USA BASSIN Director's Handbook right here in front of me and it states that "The top 40% of each Regional Tournament will advance on to the the USA Bassin Classic............". Since I am a director, I referred to my manual -- and that is what it states. I can email it to you if you like.

Post Thanks / Like

I am The Regional Director and it is 40 Boats not 40% it has not been except 1 time. You need to go to the Director side and print out the New section. The Regional we had at Rough River we had 98 boats 1st $6000.00 and we paid 9 places total and 2 Big Fish. If have any Questions anyone you can give me a call John Newton 270 535-5774 Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny............I have a USA BASSIN Director's Handbook right here in front of me and it states that "The top 40% of each Regional Tournament will advance on to the the USA Bassin Classic............". Since I am a director, I referred to my manual -- and that is what it states. I can email it to you if you like.
    Since you're a director and have a handbook, can you answer my question about the payout structure? It's rather unsual to have to pay an entry fee to fish the classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Every Classic that I have ever fished The Renegade The Old Mid West. With USA Bassin we do a 70% payback at the ramp. 100% on Big Fish at the Regionals we payback 90% the money that is taken in on memberships is used to pay Web Site fees and paper work flier with all the Divisions and dates Regional paper work and Classic paper work. Divisional Champs trophies. The Classic Money goes to help Buy the Boats that we giveaway we payback 90% at the Classic. I hope this helps you out Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEWTON View Post
    I am The Regional Director and it is 40 Boats not 40% it has not been except 1 time. You need to go to the Director side and print out the New section. The Regional we had at Rough River we had 98 boats 1st $6000.00 and we paid 9 places total and 2 Big Fish. If have any Questions anyone you can give me a call John Newton 270 535-5774 Thanks
    I was citing information from, I guess, an old handbook? The one I have was given to me, but must be outdated. Didn't even know there was a new one. I'll check into getting the most current one.........assistant directors must not get the new ones.

My fault lroberts, I was wrong. Bad representation on my part.........
    Last edited by Shimano4Life; 02-28-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much of a difference vs. KenBar's rates. I think they were a little cheaper. I don't know what the rooms are like (we stayed at KenBar last year), but like I said, we never spent any time at the room unless we were sleeping. As long as I have a place to rest for a few hours before we go hit em again, I'll be fine. Hell, I would sleep in the truck if I had to.....

That is EXACTALLY what I do for most of me weekend "doubles" (two tourney's, Sat. and Sun.) is "sleep in my expendition. I have found that carrying my Coleman double size inflatable (which fits perfect in the back of the XLT with the seats down) works just fine and saves my at least $50 every time I use it. Since the pump and Coleman cost me about $40 together, I figure I saved at least $400 last year alone on lodging. More money to spend on the ever increasing tourney entry fee's that seem to be growing each year (not necessarily USA Bassin, but others). Just an idea for those looking to save money, cause like I saw posted here quite a few times already, you only spend a few hours a night sleeping anyway . It's funny to be fishing the Classic in May when I am already starting to fish the qualifiers for next year before then...is that mean I'm an addict??? lol Good luck to you all and we'll see you up there at the Classic!!

Rob

PS. If you don't fish KY Lake very much, as a few of you mentioned only being on that water 1-2 times, don't forget about Dave Stewart being a guide. He is AMAZING, although I'm sure its to late for this year, and you may want to consider booking a "Tourney Prep Trip" with him after you qualify for next years to get a good feel for the waters your gonna fish. One day with him is worth OVER a week of pre-fishing and when you figure the gas your gonna waste in your boat trying to "figure out where/what/when" to hit spots, its money WELL SPENT!!! JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwp View Post
    I'll be there Thursday. My first Classic, and second trip to KY Lake. I am getting stoked to say the least. Just hope it's not windy because my 18' boat is not designed for ocean conditions!

To qualify for the regionals in USA Bassin, you have to earn 250 points and you get 50 points for just showing up and paying your entry fee. Not necessary to catch a keeper to get 50 points. To make the Classic, as was said earlier, you have to be in the top 40% in the Regionals.

Good luck to you guys and be safe!
    You are correct.....sorry for the confusion!