Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

USA Bassin classic

Anybody gearing up for the classic at Ky. lake this year? This will be my first year fishing the classic and also my first trip to Ky. lake. Me and my partner are going down 3 days before the start to prefish and hopefully learn our way around down there so we don't tear up my boat. Anybody else going or have any suggestions on what areas to concentrate on. We will be staying at KenBar Lodge close to where the classic will be held.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: USA Bassin classic

I'm not fishing it but I read on their site that the classic has 500 boats? that's not right is it? also, the site doesn't say what the payout is for the division tourny or the regional?

Post Thanks / Like

I think thats the number of people that qualified. More than half wont make the trip. I think less than 100 have signed up so far. I'm not fishin it either, i wish. I Didnt fish enough tourneys with those guys last year to even qualifty for regionals. Maybe one day tho, Goodluck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I'm not fishing it but I read on their site that the classic has 500 boats? that's not right is it? also, the site doesn't say what the payout is for the division tourny or the regional?

500 boats did qualify....last year only about 250 fished it. The payouts depend on how many boats are in the divisional tourneys, the regionals pay a little better (my dad and I got 5th out of 150 at Patoka in IN and won $600), the pay-out schedule for the Classic is on the website...I'm sure you saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
    I think thats the number of people that qualified. More than half wont make the trip. I think less than 100 have signed up so far. I'm not fishin it either, i wish. I Didnt fish enough tourneys with those guys last year to even qualifty for regionals. Maybe one day tho, Goodluck!

All you really have to do in this series to make the regional is fish five tourneys and catch one keeper in each. You get no less than 50 pts. if you catch a keeper, 50 x 5= 250, which is what it takes to qualify. Plus, you can fish any division and it goes towards your point total!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrChickyBaBa View Post
    Anybody gearing up for the classic at Ky. lake this year? This will be my first year fishing the classic and also my first trip to Ky. lake. Me and my partner are going down 3 days before the start to prefish and hopefully learn our way around down there so we don't tear up my boat. Anybody else going or have any suggestions on what areas to concentrate on. We will be staying at KenBar Lodge close to where the classic will be held.
    This will be our first Classic, and second tourney trip to KY Lake. My dad and I fished the Triton Owners Tournament last June, but it was out of Paris Landing (way south of our Classic!). That tourney was a ledge dominated one, but this one in early May...may not be. The fish should still be up shallow...some will have spawned...some may not have spawned yet. My advice would be to pick an area that is fairly close to the launch, learn it well, don't sore-mouth too many in practice , and fish to your strength. Be careful if it gets windy...can get pretty hairy out there!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait! This will be my first classic. Very excited. Chicky, where are you staying? We have reservations at the Super 8 that was listed on the BASSIN website. I think we are headed down Thursday morning early.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: USA Bassin classic

I tryed too make it too last years clasic and could have went but because of personal reason's didn't go.Last Oct. i did go too American Bass Anglers National and had a blast.That was my 1st Main event for any trail.I'm sure USABassin give's away a ton of stuff just like ABA did.After the tournament we had a dinner and they gave away the stuff so even if you don't win anything for fishing you had a chance too win door prizes.I would say that about 50% went home with something.My luck i didn't.But there is this year.I did get alot of free stuff before the tournament.I was able too help AOY win a 50k triton and learn how too catch SM on Wilson Lake.I took all so of pictures of that with my iphone if anyone has a facebook account hit me up with a freinds request.I all so know that NBAA likes too give away stuff.Most give away boats too the winners and Draw boats.Have fun and be safe.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, USA BASSIN is giving away a BassTracker at the pre-tourney meeting. And whoever wins one of those Nitros will be very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there as well. We had a blast last year even though the weather was crap the entire week and into the weekend.

The hotel wasn't all that great, but hell, we were never there except to catch a couple hours of sleep -- then back to the water.

For you guys that have never fished there or fished the Classic, you'll have a blast. Good luck to everyone going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    All you really have to do in this series to make the regional is fish five tourneys and catch one keeper in each. You get no less than 50 pts. if you catch a keeper, 50 x 5= 250, which is what it takes to qualify. Plus, you can fish any division and it goes towards your point total!
    Actually, you have to accumulate 250 points in divisions to fish a regional. You then qualify for the Classic by fishing in a regional and finishing in the top 40%. Not as easy as it sounds........

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the weather is nicer this year!