Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Lake Cumberland

I am wanting to learn how to fish Lake Cumberland for stripers and walleye. Planning on getting a guide but don't know who the best would be and wanted to see if you guys have any sugestions? Planning on hitting it late this month or early next!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing Lake Cumberland

Good luck on the eyes, brother. Hope you do better than I have so far. You might want to look around lakecumberland dot com, if no suggestions are thrown up. May give you somewhere to start. I'm sure some guide services are on there. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance Sasser out of Grider Hill Marina. Gone out 2 years in a row with him. I promise you will not be disappointed. He's a super nice guy, very knowledgable, and stays on the fish real well.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Holt of Striper Madness out of Alligator II is good also. He does walleye trips during the summer in addition to stripers year round.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance Sasser is as good as there is on the lake, a fine fella to. Bates guide service runs a quality show. Ask to go out with Gerald Bates himself though if you go that route. There are alot of good ones though, these are just a couple I'm familiar with. If Lance Sasser can't find you some stripers the lake has dried up.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance Sasser is the best I know of on the lake. He'll show you and teach you anything you want to know. Best learn fast, though, because his trips don't usually last too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Ky Trophy Fishing, Randell Gibson knows them stripers and will work real hard to ensure you a successful trip that you wont forget.

Post Thanks / Like

keep a check on the water temp, and when it's between 60 and 75 degrees. go to cumberland at night, get their about 11 pm and fish rock walls near deep water. cut your lights out, and stay as close to the wall as you can. cast big baits up next to the rock wall and slowly reel them back. over and over for 3 or 4 hours. and you will learn, striper and walleye feed the same way this time of year. and on the same bait. some big lures to use are... black back heavy duty bomber magnums , red fins, big spooks, and jointed slivers.