Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Navionics app for the iphone

I just recently purchased one of those new iPhones and have heard they will change how u live life, information at the touch of a finger. Well for this ole boy I started asking how can this thing help me catch fish. Well, there's an app for that. Navionics has an iPhone app that has all of the East lakes and tracks everything from unlimited waypoints to takes pictures to associate them to your waypoints. Has all of the marinas and tracks how far you are in comparison to your current gps location incase you are low on fuel. It has all the contact information of marine mechanics in the area. On the water restraunts, currents, and tracks your routes you took while fishing and the amount of time spent on each location. I can drive down the channel at ky lake and not worry about anything but water surface obstructions, other boats,bardges, and floaters and whatnot. Oohhhhh here's the best part, after I bought the phone, which was a neccesary purchase, the app was a wopping ten bucks. Technology is pretty cool and all of this while not needing a cellular connection. Love life and live on not being too old to try new things.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Navionics app for the iphone

I got the app a few weeks ago and havn't had time too check.Used my iphone too ckeck out radar at ABA nationals before we decided too make the 35mi run.Best toy-tool i got in awhile.I think the last toy thing i got that helped catch fish was a loran then gps can along.Knowing where you are on the Great lakes and can't see shore was a big help.I really like my iphone.
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I got for my iphone is a otter box defender case, it will float the phone and the older models are waterproof, after seeing my old razr phone sink to the bottom of douglas lake I kind of want to be a little more careful with the iphone.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. I'm going to download it for my iPhone today. I have a $12 credit at the iTunes app store anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the same case.....i have heard of people dropping theirs in a glass of beer accidently and having no phone/beer damage, but you are saying it floats?....that rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Awesome. I'm going to download it for my iPhone today. I have a $12 credit at the iTunes app store anyway.
    This app reminds me of the DVD that BPS was selling with all the maps and 3D views, You can go sesrching for what would be good fishing spots without being on the water. ITS FREAGIN AWESOME! I'd go buy an Iphone before a handheld GPS, just for this app. Dive in Know1....and I'll see ya on Dale before too long.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the name of this app.

Post Thanks / Like

It's called navionics lakes east. Search for this in your apps folder Mark.