Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: blacklights for bass boat

You may call Nightfishion , Scot Ortwein 513 518-8803 , web www.nightfishion.net and he will tell you who will install them in Louisville.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

There is a guy on here you might be able to talk to about installing the Nightfishion for you....His name is Eddie Goode and his handle on here Fishing 4 Kids as he is the president....He just did one of my buddies boat with the rub rail and the interior lights and they are awesome...send me a pm if you'd like his phone number

Post Thanks / Like

If you have time and some common tools you can DYI. see below.
    installing black lights in the bump or rub rail is very easy, it is just time consuming. you can get the exact same thing and save lots of money by going to www.superbrightleds.com look around on the site and you will see diffrent length strips for whatever amount of UV (ultra violet) light you wish to install. here is a direct link to the 38 inch waterproof strips http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s%2FWFLB96.htm take a level and mark the length and area where you want the leds at. have a friend help you hold the strip (leds) and mark at center of each bulb area. rub rail is removed from back of boat 4 screws on tritons. then just work it out of the railing. now with the rubber OFF of the boat, match a drill bit to the size of the led bulbs. drill a hole on the line where you marked for each led bulb. when all have been drilled, insert the leds from the back side of the rub rail and use urethane (windshield glue) to secure and seal the leds to the rub rail (still off the boat), after all are completed wire them together (make sure you connect pos to pos and neg to neg, as leds are directional. after urethane drys, replace rub rail into rail on boat. have your wires (from where you wired all pos and neg wires of leds.) to come out at the end of the rub rail where the screws fasten it into the back of hull. from here wire can be easy to hide and no drilling into hull. run wires up to your dash and select a automotive DC type of toggle switch. and TA DA your done. flip switch and enjoy your $105 dollar led UV project. if you buy from superbrightleds.com make sure you order the WFL (waterproof flexible light)

Post Thanks / Like

Scott will put you in touch with the guys in your area that can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronzo View Post
    guys, a friend of mine is looking for someone that installs the blacklights in the bump rails of boats. got any names.
    I have a new Phoenix 721xp. I just had the custom Black lights installed in my rub rail. I also had the moon glow and two docking lights added to the package. It's unbelievable how good the moon glow lights up the bank. You can email me to see pics or go to nightfishon.net and ask for Chris. You can also call Renegade Marine they insatall them at the dealership. Be sure to tell them Josh sent you. They will take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

I did my rubrail with blacklights, and did it myself. I did 6 strips 38" long with 96 lights in each strip. put 3 strips on each side. and they turned out great. it's a very simple thing to do. so simple that it don't make sense, to pay 800.00 at a dealer, when you can do it yourself for 170.00 I did mine friday. and I made a video on doing mine, and put it on youtube. so anyone thinking of doing their own, watch my video and it might help you. go to youtube and watch { how to install blacklights in rub rail } if you have already payed a dealer to install yours, then don't watch this video. because when you see how easy it is to do, you will be mad at the dealer for robbing you.

Post Thanks / Like

waterdog i watched your video and am now convinced i can do it myself thanks for all the info and if you had a camera man i am sure the video would have been awesome but even so it was enough to show how to do it and how easy it really is!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harryprocraft View Post
    waterdog i watched your video and am now convinced i can do it myself thanks for all the info and if you had a camera man i am sure the video would have been awesome but even so it was enough to show how to do it and how easy it really is!
    thanks, for the kind words. I'm glad it helped you, and I'm sure you can do them. I know a lot of guys don't have the time, to do their own. but it really is something, I think most anyone can do themself. plus, it's a great feeling when you turn them on the first time. and you think, I did them myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get the light strings. I love it and your video was great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DSPCHAMY View Post
    Where did you get the light strings. I love it and your video was great.
    thanks, I got mine at { superbrightleds.com } when the page opens, click on flexible waterproof strips and bars. then look for water proof flexible bars, you don't want the flat strips. I hope this helped.