Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bass Pro Shop

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro Shop

Went to BPS last night to pick up a couple things from the spring fishing sale. I checked out the Carbon Lite rods and I have to say they feel pretty good. And for the price it's hard to beat especially when they're on sale for $69. May be worth getting one and trying out. My buddy was wanting me to get him some rattle baits for the upcoming Guntersville trip so I figured I would get him some Red Eye Shad since they're a little cheaper than XCaliber One Knockers. Every single peg was empty, not just the popular colors but every color was gone. Amazing what KVD can do for lure sales. All they needed to do was stock some of the extra short #2 triple grips next to the red eye shads and they could have sold a bunch of hooks as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Pro Shop

I was there last Sunday and almost all the 1/2oz were gone. There were plenty of 1/4oz.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Monday buying a new reel and thinking about buying a cumera rod - they were re-stocking some of the red-eye shads - walked back thru that aisle on the way out 45 minutes later and most of them were gone again.

I want to believe everyone - angler, sponsors, & ESPN are honest - but with the money at stake sometimes makes me wonder.

I do believe KVD is straight up honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Before you buy that Cumara you may want to check out the Carbon Lite rods. They feel just as good however, they lack the lifetime warranty of a shimano. But you can buy two for the price of one Cumara.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy isn't it , same thing here in Ga. , i have to admit i'm guilty , i bought the last one at my local shop last Sat. whacked a few on it Sunday too .
    your wright , if the triple grips would have been beside it i would have bought a pack of them also . lol .

Post Thanks / Like

i was their tuesday and it was packed then i traded in a year old rod and real with out a recipt and was gonna get a med. action rod and the quantum energy pt. they didnt have any med. action crankin sticks in stock and they had a trailer there with a bunch of rods and that on it and no med. action on it either. they found one energy pt in the system and they looked for ever and when they found it it was on a rain check for somebody. i was their for a good 2 - 2 1/2 hours and i finaly got a KVD 100pt it was regular $169.00 and it was on sale for $119.00 and a med hvy. crankin stick. after all said and done i had to pay .12 cents for the new combo. i can not belive they took a year old rod and real back for a retern with no recipt. i am happy new rod and reel and only cost .12 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    Went to BPS last night to pick up a couple things from the spring fishing sale. I checked out the Carbon Lite rods and I have to say they feel pretty good. And for the price it's hard to beat especially when they're on sale for $69. May be worth getting one and trying out. My buddy was wanting me to get him some rattle baits for the upcoming Guntersville trip so I figured I would get him some Red Eye Shad since they're a little cheaper than XCaliber One Knockers. Every single peg was empty, not just the popular colors but every color was gone. Amazing what KVD can do for lure sales. All they needed to do was stock some of the extra short #2 triple grips next to the red eye shads and they could have sold a bunch of hooks as well.
    Hahahahahahha. I was there last night getting ready for my Guntersville trip this weekend.........there were 3-4 others there planning a trip too. I purchased 5-6 of those RedEye shads. They were going FAST........

There were some actually "hidden" on top of the end cap on that row. Someone was "saving" them for someone else........I saw those, and too my PICK of the LITTER..........there were some good ones there too.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    Yes very true about the red eyed shad. Honestly i've fished this lure the last 2 years alot! Knowing that it won the classic everybody and their mom has to have one.....i guess it's the nature of the beast. However my only complaint is Strike King makes junk lures!! The paint will come off that red eyed shad after 2 or 3 days of fishing. I went through prob 12 last year alone. I switched to something else cause i couldnt afford to keep buying them, also all of their crankbaits never run straight. I love their designs but the quality is garbage.....IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy a Cumara even if I could get 4 Carbon Lite rods.We"ll see in 2 or 3 yrs. how many are still around.I guess there is a market for them,I'm not it.