Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

guntersville again...

leavin tonight for the weekend. last weekend was my first ever being there and turned out horrible. hope we can figure something out this time. not real sure what i did wrong last week, but it ended up costing 200 bucks per fish...not cool

Post Thanks / Like

Re: guntersville again...

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    leavin tonight for the weekend. last weekend was my first ever being there and turned out horrible. hope we can figure something out this time. not real sure what i did wrong last week, but it ended up costing 200 bucks per fish...not cool
    I read your report, from last week. hope you have a better trip this time. I went to gunnersville lake back in 1996 and had a big let down. we caught several fish, but couldn't get the big ones to bite. I'm going to try it again next thursday the 11th. been thinking about the scottsboro area. if you don't mind saying. what part of the lake do you plan on fishing this trip. and do you know anything about scottsboro area of the lake. thanks for any info. you can give me.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know much. only been there once ever. and that was last week. gonna try anywhere i can get in. some different areas than last week. you dont want info from me,we only caught 2 fish in 3 days...heck, im lookin for ideas myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    i dont know much. only been there once ever. and that was last week. gonna try anywhere i can get in. some different areas than last week. you dont want info from me,we only caught 2 fish in 3 days...heck, im lookin for ideas myself
    I been reading some post on guntersville, they been reporting catching fish around the edges of grass beds. and where water drops off from the flats. lipless rattling cranks. sam rayborn red color. me and my friend are going down next week. and i hope we can catch some good ones. I like catching them shallow on spinnerbaits. and 1/2 oz black jig with a blue pork chunk. if they are not doing to suit you. try the spinnerbait and jig around the shallow grass.

Post Thanks / Like

did all the above and many more...guess it was just my time to have a bad time