Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Alright, it's too pretty outside...where is everyone wetting a line???

Such a beautiful day.........to bad I'M SICK AS A DOG!!! That's right, I got strep from my daughter. ***** to be stuck indoors with all the warm sunshine coming in through the windows! So....I need to live this day through you all, lol! Where is everyone going to wet some lines?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alright, it's too pretty outside...where is everyone wetting a line???

Went to Big Bone with my bro today. First time he has landed more fish than me in months! I'm kind of ashamed of myself. Oh well it was way to beautiful to care and I'm sure I'll end up fishin' again tomorrow, heh heh! Will post pics and maybe some pics and video (if it will upload correctly, my connection is kind of slow) of me actually catching a fish tomorrow. Good luck, happy hunting friends!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I went fishing yesterday for a little while. 30 minutes maybe. And the water in the creek was too low to use my little 6' 6" Boo that I had along.
    So I did not get to fish. But I did get to watch her catch (1) fish! And that was as good as me catching 5 fish !!!! I love to see the excitement on her face when she has one on ! And of course I did get to take the hook out and release hers !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    My wife and I went fishing yesterday for a little while. 30 minutes maybe. And the water in the creek was too low to use my little 6' 6" Boo that I had along.
    So I did not get to fish. But I did get to watch her catch (1) fish! And that was as good as me catching 5 fish !!!! I love to see the excitement on her face when she has one on ! And of course I did get to take the hook out and release hers !
    Is that a creek that feeds into the CR? Way to go Mrs. Rock!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Is that a creek that feeds into the CR? Way to go Mrs. Rock!

-Rich
    Yep, Bout 100 yd from the front door.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Bout 100 yd from the front door.
    Sweet. How's the CR looking today?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Was looking forward to getting a few lesson from you, but SOUNDS LIKE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TALKING TO MS. ROCK.....

Post Thanks / Like

Was at Green River this morning, round 6:00, round 8:00, went to the box................zilch.
    To Druthers for biscuits and gravy, home for a nap @ 10:00, KY game (or part), and 2:00 to City Lake. Tried to coax a carp or gill,....................zilch. Home @ 5:00. Had a great day!
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather Rich.
    Hope everyone had a great day, fish or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leakinwader View Post
    Was at Green River this morning, round 6:00, round 8:00, went to the box................zilch.
    To Druthers for biscuits and gravy, home for a nap @ 10:00, KY game (or part), and 2:00 to City Lake. Tried to coax a carp or gill,....................zilch. Home @ 5:00. Had a great day!
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather Rich.
    Hope everyone had a great day, fish or not.
    Thanks. Still feeling pretty crummy but going to sneak out and get the boat on BRL tomorrow (the voices in my head are making me, lol). I've got the big G-Ville trip in two weeks, so I need to make sure the boat is running good. Sorry for your zilch......I bet it still felt good just to be out wetting a line! Beautiful day! Take care.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Alright, it's too pretty outside...where is everyone wetting a line???

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Was looking forward to getting a few lesson from you, but SOUNDS LIKE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TALKING TO MS. ROCK.....
    LOL, Yes she does pretty good sometimes! But she uses a spinning rod ! Have you been casting any ? How is that going ?

Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon, Rich, or at least before Guntersville!

Went to Otter Creek on Fort Knox today. Had a selection of tiny nymphs to throw but the trout were hitting the surface. About the time I was ready to switch to a topwater fly, a guy name Warren who is stationed at Ft. Knox passed through headed back to his car. I asked his advice on what to throw and we started talking. I ended up getting a half hour lesson and three flies he had tied. Honestly, he was generous -- I wasn't begging or anything! Phenomenal guy. The day ended with me catching my first trout ever on a fly (on one of the Adams he had given me). What a great day! The trout were hitting the surface (I guess that's called rising in troutspeak) eating almost microscopic midges. Great day for a new fly fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Alright, it's too pretty outside...where is everyone wetting a line???

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Sweet. How's the CR looking today?

-Rich
    Man, Looks like pea soup ! I know the park host down there. And He talks to all the fisherman he sees. Said that he talked to about 15 of them today and 15 yesterday. ( Basically everybody that has put a boat in ) And nobody has caught a thing. He checks out the cleaning station and everything !!!

After the water clears up If it ever does ! I am sure things will change for the better !!!