Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How important is 4x4

I am in the market for an F150. I am looking to spend around 22K. What I am finding is that alot of deals don't have exactly what I want. I want a super crew 4x4 since I have a family of 5 to take to the lake while I also need a towing package to take my 20 ft Nitro. However, one of the things I think I need is 4x4. Around here is that really neccessary? I am currently using my 98 Ranger which has 4x4 and I know I couldn't have done alot that I have done without 4x4. I have owned this truck for ten years and I dont wanna regret not getting 4x4. What are EVERYONEs thoughts here on 4x4 needs in Ky?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How important is 4x4

Won't and don't own anthing but 4 by 4.four sitting in the driveway.Nolan Ford in Georgetown is closing this month you might find some good deals.

Post Thanks / Like

How important is 4x4?

VERY!!!!

Seriously, I wouldn't buy a truck without it. It's like I always say, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it! I would get 4 X 4 if I was you IMHO.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. I have a F150 and this past winter I needed it twice to get up my road. It's also nice to have when you are pulling your boat/trailer up the boat ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

I also would not have any thing but a 4X4, dont use it that much, but when I do need it, I am glad I got it. I have a 2002 Ford F150 Super Crew with a 5.4. Rides like a car, pleaty of room for the grand kids, all kinds of power for towing and gets a big ol 10 to 13 MPG with or with out a boat.
    A couple of time's out on the sand bar's at Wolf Creek it kept me out of big trouble. I fish a small lake that only has a mud bank to launch, and with out it, I could not take the boat out of the water.
    Dont know what year F150 you are looking at, but Google: Ford F150 Spark Plug Blow Out, or follow this link: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_spark.html
    I wish someone had told me about this, I would of saved about 4 grand in motor work.
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Your use to having 4 wheel drive& would be lost without it.Not to mention hung up. I wouldn't have any truck without it & you'll regret not having it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 410th View Post
    I also would not have any thing but a 4X4, dont use it that much, but when I do need it, I am glad I got it. I have a 2002 Ford F150 Super Crew with a 5.4. Rides like a car, pleaty of room for the grand kids, all kinds of power for towing and gets a big ol 10 to 13 MPG with or with out a boat.
    A couple of time's out on the sand bar's at Wolf Creek it kept me out of big trouble. I fish a small lake that only has a mud bank to launch, and with out it, I could not take the boat out of the water.
    Dont know what year F150 you are looking at, but Google: Ford F150 Spark Plug Blow Out, or follow this link: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_spark.html
    I wish someone had told me about this, I would of saved about 4 grand in motor work.
    Billy
    not sure why you had to pay 4g for a blown out spark plug...but sounds like you got bent over

Post Thanks / Like

3 times blown out and a new head

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Your use to having 4 wheel drive& would be lost without it.Not to mention hung up. I wouldn't have any truck without it & you'll regret not having it too.
    +1, there is no doubt that if you're used to having it, you'll be highly disappointed without it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm moved here from Mi 10yrs ago and have had 4x4 on all my trucks.Kinda wish i didn't because of gas price.I know alot of guy's who do just fine with out it.Years ago i seen my dad up in Mi. plow more snow with out it in a chevy than a ford could.So alot depends on how you drive it.YMO
    Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

4k to fix a spark plug problem? You mean 4 MINUTES to fix a spark plug problem. LOL. Would never buy a truck without 4 wheel. What's the point of a truck without it? I have owned a few Fords and have had awful experiences. And even worse with my old Powerstroke. I now own a Dodge and couldn't be happier. The Hemi tows the boat like a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodge is the way to go. Hemi!!! I have pulled other trucks without 4x4 and their boat up launch ramps cause all they were doing was burning their tires off. I put my truck into low 4x4 and pretty much idle up the launch ramps.
    Dont kick yourself later wishing that you had it.