Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I need some quick help

Hello all, i am a kentucky fisherman and i am here in the sarasota area for the next week at my inlaws house and i am wanting to get outside and do a little fishing and need some advice. I hate to sound like an idiot but i don't have any fishing experience down here.
    The back of the house i am staying in has a saltwater canal leading out to the bay, there are alot of docks, bushes, and rock cover along the banks. The other side of the house has what i believe to be a freshwater canal that is basiacally concrete sides with some docks, with a lock leading into the saltwater canal out back.
    There isnt anything but a spinning outfit in the garage with some hooks and sinkers. I brought some 12" redshad plastic worms and some topwater soft frogs with me from kentucky thinking i might be able to find some bass close. **will someone please help me out with some info...bait, lures, where to fish in these two waterways or anything that might help me kill the boredom while i'm stuck within walking distance of the house!!!!!!!! I can get some fresh bait if i need to somewhere. I just wanna get outside and get a break if ya know what i mean.

Thanks!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need some quick help

Ive never fished down there but when ever Im somewhere that Ive never fished before, I leave the artificials alone and go for FRESH natural bait, live if available. Small hooks too.