Search Fishin.com

Thread: New vise

Post Thanks / Like

New vise

Looking to buy a new vise. I want a pedestal instead of the clamp on I have now. It must have a rotating head. So far I am looking at the Peak that Bass Pro has, been would like to spend a little less money. Any of you guys know of a pedestal vise that is good and cost less than $100?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New vise

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Looking to buy a new vise. I want a pedestal instead of the clamp on I have now. It must have a rotating head. So far I am looking at the Peak that Bass Pro has, been would like to spend a little less money. Any of you guys know of a pedestal vise that is good and cost less than $100?
    Tim-
    Never owned a pedestal, just clamp-ons. I'll let ya know if I see any good pedestals in my internet travels.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    First real vise that I bought is a Montana Mongoose made by Griffin. It has a heavy base. And also comes with a clamp. And carrying case. Good rotary vise and quality made. Should last a lifetime. I do not remember what I gave for mine. I think it was around 169.99 ??? They are listed at Cabela's for 199.00 now.

I done a lot of reading and research on Vises before I bought mine. And the Griffin Montana Mongoose had very good reviews. And was in the lower end of the price range of the good quality rotary vises. I know it is twice the price of what you wanted to spend. But you would be very happy with it !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Renzetti Traveler that is an awesome vise.

Post Thanks / Like

I get along just fine with my old regal. If I recall correctly mine came with a heavy base and I had to buy the clamp I mostly use. I have wanted a rotary vise for a long time though. One day I'll have the money for it.