Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Going to hit the CR Thurs, just up from Burkesville with a friend of mine. We'll be fishing out of his jet Riverpro boat. Looks the weather will be nice, and the flows should be decent. Bringing the 9' 6wt custom rod that I built when I was 18, and plan on throwing some streamers for big trout and whites. I will take pics and give a full report when we get back. Can't wait!

    -Rich

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Burkesville,Ky
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Hey Rich the river should be great this week and with the warmer temp look out for the whites. Hope that you do great Thanks for the report when you get back.

    Have Fun and Be Safe GREEN RIVER TIME

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by green river time View Post
    Hey Rich the river should be great this week and with the warmer temp look out for the whites. Hope that you do great Thanks for the report when you get back.

    Have Fun and Be Safe GREEN RIVER TIME
    I sure hope so! Can't wait to try and get some whites on the fly rod! Wish us luck!

    -Rich

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Shepherdsville
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Going to hit the CR Thurs, just up from Burkesville with a friend of mine. We'll be fishing out of his jet Riverpro boat. Looks the weather will be nice, and the flows should be decent. Bringing the 9' 6wt custom rod that I built when I was 18, and plan on throwing some streamers for big trout and whites. I will take pics and give a full report when we get back. Can't wait!

    -Rich
    I am jealous, because it may be a week or more before I can go......did I mention I am a grandpa now LOL? (sorry it is a great feeling and pretty much all I got at this time)! LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Here's hoping you guys have a great day on the river. Look forward to reading your reports.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wolf Creek Dam
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Go get em Rich !!! Look forward to the report and Pics !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Thanks for the well wishes guys. The conditions look great for some exciting action! Will throw streamers most the day, unless my friend starts slaying them with the spinning rod......then I might switch over! Can't wait to try and catch my first white on the FR! I'll be sure to take plenty of pics.

    -Rich

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Badger, KY
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. The conditions look great for some exciting action! Will throw streamers most the day, unless my friend starts slaying them with the spinning rod......then I might switch over! Can't wait to try and catch my first white on the FR! I'll be sure to take plenty of pics.

    -Rich
    All the best. Hope "they", WEAR YOU OUT, lol.
    I'll think about ya though as I'm doing the mundane.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Going to the CR Thurs 3/18!!!

    Bad news guys, CR trip was cancelled. My buddy called me today while I was on the links, and said that the river was murky and that he hadn't caughten anything for two days! He said he managed to catch a handful of planters......and that's it! So, needless to say, we cancelled the trip. Hopefully conditions will improve on the CR in time for the white spawn? Oh well, take care guys.

    -Rich

Similar Threads

  1. Fishin Thurs.?
    By stoner in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
  2. cumberland thurs. night 5/21-22
    By DWH in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM
  3. DH thurs
    By UYKY in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
  4. Headed to KY lake next Thurs - SUN
    By GeoFisher in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 11:39 AM
  5. Barkley Thurs 9/06
    By Danny in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •