Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

On-Line Air line Tickets

OK all you world travelers, I need some help. I am going to visit my sister in Wyoming the middle of May, hopefully to carry all of her big Kentucky Derby winnings to her or maybe just for a nice visit.

I haven't flown anyplace in at least 10 years and it seems like all the travel agents I used to use are doing everything on line now instead in person. So I figured if I can't talk to someone face to face I may as well do it myself on line. So my question(s) is how does it work?

I am sure you can pay with a credit card, but how/where do you get your tickets? Can anyone recommend a good site to buy from. I have looked at TRAVELOCITY and ORBITS but I am not sure which is best or if someplace else is better. When is the best time to book (as early as possible or wait as long as possible) to get the best deals?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: On-Line Air line Tickets

I have used both of those and expedia.com. Each may offer different specials depending on when/where you are going and if you want to add a rental car or hotel to the trip. Go to any of those sites and fill in the info for the flight (departure, destination, dates, people traveling). A page will come up with the various options. Pick one you like and go from there. In some cases you can pick your seat at that time. I typically print out the recipt that they email me. When you show up at the airport, you go to the carrier and use the machine to check in or talk with one of the agents. The last bunch of times that I have flown I just had one small carry on bag. Makes everything easier (they'll likely charge you extra at the gate if you check luggage). If you use the machine to check in, you'll swipe the same credit card that you used to buy the tickets and it will print out your passes. Note that it has been taking longer to go through security and they are always changing what you can and cannot take on a flight.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: On-Line Air line Tickets

I use expedia alot and at times they waive any fees they usually charge but when possible I look at the discount airlines that fly certain routes twice a week(i think). We have two in Lex. I forgot their names and they are pretty specific on their routes but sometimes it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh?

Why can I not see the last post made here?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerMike View Post
    Why can I not see the last post made here?
    They were probably garbage, and were deleted.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    They were probably garbage, and were deleted.........
    Ok. That explains a lot. I could see there had been one posted, but when I tried to open the thread it only showed the old ones.
    Thanks