Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New UK Bass Fishing Team Coaches

This past winter I was approached by the UK Bass Fishing Team and asked if I would be interested in coaching their team. I am pleased to announce that I officially accepted the position two week ago. I also would like to announce that I have recruited two top notch assistant coaches that have agreed to come on board to assist me with working with these fine young folks. I am pleased and excited that Steve Curtsinger and Drew Sadler are now officially assistant coaches for the UK Bass Fishing Team.

Steve, Drew and I are looking forward to working with these young anglers and the University of Kentucky as they endeavor to increase their competivenss on the college bass fishng circuits.

I look upon this opportunity as a way of giving back something to the sport that has given me so much over the past years. I can think of no better way to do this than working with the young folks that will be guiding the future of our sport.
    As is the course of college sports, no team is going to better themselves without the support of their Alumni and fans. The team and staff welcome any and all support from you folks and are curently planning some ways you can assist in supporting the team, but don't wait if you want to jump on board, all volunteers will be accepted

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New UK Bass Fishing Team Coaches

Dave...congratulations to ya! I think that's a pretty cool thing you're doing.

Tell you what...I'm not much on tournament fishing...but a year or two ago I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days on Dale Hollow with a young guy who fishes on U of L's team. He frequents this site quite often...at any rate, after hanging with him for a few days, talking with him, etc...it kind of made me appreciate the sport of tournament bass fishing a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news Dave....Great news.....

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I would say this, but Go Cats. I have something I can bring myself to cheer for that involves UK. Congrats Dave, as much as you enjoy teaching, I think this will fit you like a glove.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. We can use all the support we can get..that includes publicity Tim...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on getting my 14 year old step son interested in UK. I'll keep you in mind.

Hopefully, if everything goes well, I'm going to be heading up a Christian Community Bass Fishing League for youths up at Patoka. Pray it comes through...money is hard to come by in today's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Thanks guys. We can use all the support we can get..that includes publicity Tim...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the youth group...your right, money is hard to come by, but we can't afford not to take care of the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    I will see what I can do Dave. There is a big chance of something within the next month or two. I will be in touch as soon as I have something concrete.