Search Fishin.com

Thread: indian lake

Post Thanks / Like

indian lake

has anybody been to the government lakes on 37. i am going up there today and was wondering what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: indian lake

i went to saddle last weekend. clear and cold. didn't check the other 3.

Post Thanks / Like

well i went yesterday. The back was 57 degrees and around the dock was 50. My batterys went dead bout 300 yards shy of the dock and had to paddle all the way back. It sucked. i lowered the motor to get the wires and lines out of my way any it barley had enough power to raise it back up. it took a while. And no fish.....

Post Thanks / Like

any bites? that place can be tough this time of year..i would guess it was muddy

Post Thanks / Like

What were you fishing for? I'm hoping to get down there in the next two weeks, I love Indian. It probably is muddy, as it always seems to be in the spring. Great fall lake too.

Post Thanks / Like

lakes looked packed today...drove by on the way back from patoka...why is tipsaw closed? did the road finally wash away?

Post Thanks / Like

i was fishing for bass. And you could see prolly 3 or 4 ft. the lake wasnt muddy at all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Bozarth View Post
    has anybody been to the government lakes on 37. i am going up there today and was wondering what to expect.

Went today for a couple hours before dark, hoping the sunshine would warm the water. Avg temp was 52, only varying by a degree either way. Water slightly stained on lower end but very fishable. Lower 2/3 of lake pretty clear. Caught two small crappie on 1/16 RoadRunner and two slot bass on 1/8 RoadRunner, both with black/chart grub. Caught 4 more bass on Chatterbait tight to cover, one slot and 3 over 15" with biggest 2.75#.

Anybody know who to contact about having the docks actually put into the water? They look awfully pretty sitting in the parking lot, but I believe they would look much better all wet!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherjoe View Post
    Went today for a couple hours before dark, hoping the sunshine would warm the water. Avg temp was 52, only varying by a degree either way. Water slightly stained on lower end but very fishable. Lower 2/3 of lake pretty clear. Caught two small crappie on 1/16 RoadRunner and two slot bass on 1/8 RoadRunner, both with black/chart grub. Caught 4 more bass on Chatterbait tight to cover, one slot and 3 over 15" with biggest 2.75#.

Anybody know who to contact about having the docks actually put into the water? They look awfully pretty sitting in the parking lot, but I believe they would look much better all wet!

Joe
    They probably won't get around to it until a week or two before memorial day, which is usually when they start working the cabin, right? They always have enough time to drive around and put a ticket on the windshield to pay, but not enough to put the docks in...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    They probably won't get around to it until a week or two before memorial day, which is usually when they start working the cabin, right? They always have enough time to drive around and put a ticket on the windshield to pay, but not enough to put the docks in...

Actually, they will probably start manning the gates any weekend now. They usually start several weeks before the docks go in the water, depending on how nice the weather becomes. I have tried talking to the gatekeepers but they say the "park rangers" have control of the docks. The gatekeepers and rangers work for two different outfits. And yes, they apparently do have time to put tickets on windshields even if they are not manning the gate. Have had that done several times.