Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beaver Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver Lake

I haven't been there in over 6 years...but Beaver Lake...back in the 80"s was one hottest lakes for big bass, or what ever fish you fished for. I got an itch to hit this lake, this weekend..instead on T-ville. It's a 10 hp limit...but with my new trolling motor...I'd be just fine, it's only like 159 acers.... Just got that feeling that it would be a successful trip for Sat.. I allways look for a fishing report ..on this web sight...but it hasn't changed for almost three years...I think. My largest bass I've ever caught in my life, was from the lake...off of an area we call ceder point..7.13 lbs (June 1st 1988...at 7:30pm)! Caught it on a 10 inch solid black worm. It is now on the wall...at the cabin that a friend of mine ownes...who has a place right on ceder point there! I saw a fella once...African American dude...pull up to point on the lake, about 50 yeards from us...in late March..and on his first cast, with a jig..landed one that went over 9lb!! There have been 10 pounders caugh there as well...or as I was told....back then. I've never forgotten that sight...watching that dude fight that hog for what was like 10 min it seemed. It was also ...as I recall...seeing an African American fella "bass fishing"...it was a first for me. He also was fishing from a real nice tracker...Back then, everyone seem to want a tracker. Now...I have Ish Monroe winning the next FLW tournament with 68 pounds! Oh well...good memories from Beaver. Just migh have to hit the back roads this Sat. and hit Beaver Lake, just for ole time sake...and Im going strait to Ish point to throw a jig!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beaver Lake

My experience last fall was you could catch a lot of bass
    there, just very few are keepers.
    Beaver gets a lot of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I have either boated or been in the boat for several over 6lb and many in the 4-6 range. Luckily some of those been in tournaments.
    Early Sping and Winter have been the best times for me there.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great experience fishing Beaver. A buddy & I were completely fed up by getting blanked at Guist. We went to Beaver and fished until mid-day with nothing, then caught a dozen casting weightless Senkos against a weed line, a method we learned from Dave Stewart. We didn't get much size, maybe 2-4 keepers, but it was a real shot in the arm after struggling so much all year.

I probably overthink bass fishing, but I still believe that there could be a method to fishing overfished lakes, like Beaver and Guist. If that's true, Demodan, you're probably the right guy to find some pigs in Beaver.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a favorite lake, and this is my absolute favorite. I fished last weekend and managed to catch 5 fish. largest was around 3-1/2 pounds. The othe 4 were dinks but after the long cold winter it was good to get out and catch a few. There are Big fish in that lake. It has been about 4 years since I boated a 7 lb 1 ounce big mama but I have seen several over the years in spring cruising the shallows that are over 10.
    A lake for numbers for sure. I have had days where I have caught over 50 fish in 5-6 hours. One day I caught 11 fish on 11 consecutive casts. My brother who was fishing out of the back at that time caught 7 in 7 consesutive casts.
    I live 5 miles from herrington and will drive 35 miles to fish the Big Beaver any day. Also a great lake to learn new fishing techniques. Good luck this weekend and Go Get Big Mama!

Post Thanks / Like

Heck once the bass get in that grass and want to hit topwater it's really on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_m View Post
    I had a great experience fishing Beaver. A buddy & I were completely fed up by getting blanked at Guist. We went to Beaver and fished until mid-day with nothing, then caught a dozen casting weightless Senkos against a weed line, a method we learned from Dave Stewart. We didn't get much size, maybe 2-4 keepers, but it was a real shot in the arm after struggling so much all year.

I probably overthink bass fishing, but I still believe that there could be a method to fishing overfished lakes, like Beaver and Guist. If that's true, Demodan, you're probably the right guy to find some pigs in Beaver.
    Well that is it...it's a done deal...I was still on the fence on where to get a line wet Sat.,...but after your personal words of encouragment Eddie_m.,...Im going to Beaver! Bobby "Shake" is driving up this evening..crashing on the couch...and we are going to hit it bright an early...packing lunch! Don't have to spend a bunch of money on gas; plus the drive is cool. I enjoy hwy 53 too 44...very nice back road driving. The short cuts back in there, going Beaver through Anderson Co. are unreal...COUNTRY AS CORN!!! This will be a good outing for myself and my new club partner Bobby...we've never fished togeather extensively. Hey...thanks for the good report 18' Stratos...that was very appreciative of ya. Have ya'll ever read the article they post in all issues of Bassmaster Mag., they call "A Day On The Lake"? Beaver Lake reminds me so much of the lakes they use in those articles. Just for fun...that is how Im going to approach tomorrows outing...make it exciting. I quess that is why I enjoy tournament fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna break out the "booby shake" on Beaver lake. My biggest bass to date came from a small lake in Monroe Co, a small tm only lake, about 100 ac or less. She weighed a little over 11, she was 29 in loang but thin only 18/19 around, also caught a 7.5 smallie in that lake also. Small waters are fun and relaxing gets you back to the basics. Gonna be a good fishing weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

My most memorable day on Beaver was a warm, cloudy late March day many years ago. We boated about 7 and had one over 5 pounds. I had another one come unbuttoned that day that I never saw. She pulled real hard before the hook came out. Could have been one of those 8+ fish? We'll never know... Most of those fish that day came on a black/blue rattle jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Went today from 8:30 to 3:00, there were a bunch of boats down there, caught 12 short fish, one may have kept. All were caught on jigs with sweet beavers and black and silver shad raps. Game wardens were there checking for the normal stuff, also wrote one guy a ticket for running his big motor, the guy was in a Tracker with a 40 to 60 hp motor(guessing) came up the lake on plane. According to the wardens some locals called in complaining. Cost the guy a $203.00 dollar ticket. After talking to the wardens I felt sorry for the guy, he was a first time boat owner and first time on Beaver. It was great ot get out for the first time this year and a beautiful day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job BPenrod. Glad you caught some. My buddy and his wife used my boat Saturday. Fished from 11-4. She boated one, he boated 8, had 1 come off and a short strike at the boat. Said they were using flukes.
    They said the Game Warden seemed to check everyone on the lake. The guy running on plane that was fined203.00.. Well I guess that will be a wake up call to check rules and regulations where ever he goes next. Atleast I hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

HP limits has been a topic of conversation for years on this lake. Any signs at the ramp of HP limits?