Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Childhood Laughter

My Daughter Brianna is 6. I've never taken her to the local General Store before and let her get out. Today I did so. I promise you, it lit her eyes up bigger than Christmas. She got a Hawaiian Punch, M & M's, and a Triple Power Push Pop. She even made sure the other 3 kids got candy too. I'm so proud of her. It was hilarious. She had the whole store smiling.

My Grandpa and my Dad use to take me to the General Store all the time back in the 70's. You just don't see sweet kids in places like Marathon or Thorton's that much. It was a blessing to all of us adults.

If you ever want to be humbled. Just take a child and you along for a ride to the store when you need to gas up. It's totally AWESOME !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Childhood Laughter

I miss that time with my daugter she is 13 so things have changed. I remember taking her to Bass Pro Shops and her walking around naming the baits out loud and the store clerk was amazed at how she was doing this. I guess he didn't know she had been in training for 5 years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arauthator View Post
    My Daughter Brianna is 6. I've never taken her to the local General Store before and let her get out. Today I did so. I promise you, it lit her eyes up bigger than Christmas. She got a Hawaiian Punch, M & M's, and a Triple Power Push Pop. She even made sure the other 3 kids got candy too. I'm so proud of her. It was hilarious. She had the whole store smiling.

My Grandpa and my Dad use to take me to the General Store all the time back in the 70's. You just don't see sweet kids in places like Marathon or Thorton's that much. It was a blessing to all of us adults.

If you ever want to be humbled. Just take a child and you along for a ride to the store when you need to gas up. It's totally AWESOME !

Precious time that will be hard to come by before you know it ! My kids always liked that squirt gum. And it was hard to find where we lived at the time. I worked on the road, And when I would bring (3) packs of that stuff home. You would have thought I gave them the world ! I remember getting to go in and pick out some penny candy back in the day ! Good memories of such simple things !

And I Really miss the Milkshake candy bar ! I guess they quit making it ! Have not seen them in years !

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Childhood Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I miss that time with my daugter she is 13 so things have changed. I remember taking her to Bass Pro Shops and her walking around naming the baits out loud and the store clerk was amazed at how she was doing this. I guess he didn't know she had been in training for 5 years!
    She will be back Dad ! Take her a Fishin when She can work it in ! Although at that age I am sure there will be at least one friend in tow !

Post Thanks / Like

Its wonderful seeing life through childrens eyes. I still remember the first time we took our kids to Disney Land. Now we take our grandkids It is amazing how excited they become.