Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be feeding tube for the rest of my life

Got home a couple of hours ago after my 3rd week in a row of them trying to do an Endoscopy procedure to blow up my small intestine below my pouch so I may be able to eat solid food but bad news. he puts the camera down and unlike the past couple of weeks when he found the opening and got the balloon into my small intestine it is so collapsed that he could not even find an opening. So after 3 hours under anesthesia I come back to and find out that nothing was done. Got to go back Wednesday and they are going to try a pediatric scope to look for the opening but if it can't be found and if the balloon can't be pushed thru then he said I just may have to feed myself thru the feeding tube in my stomache for at least 18 months in not forever. He really thinks it is too dagerous of a procedure for him to combine my stomaches again, basically reverse my weight loss surgery, Mayo clinic in Florida does not take my Humana insurance and said they would only take me as a "Self Pay" customer. UK was paid $104,000 for my 9 days in Feb, how much would I need for the Mayo clinic. U of Cincy is the next step up from UK but they flat out told me that they would not take me and as the Gastroenterologist said to me " I would be LUCKY to find anyone to cut on me based on all that has been done to me in the past". What is a man to do? Can't lift more than 5 lbs for 3 months, will never be able to lift my 6 yr old boy again, no sudden bending or rotating of any kind, busted 5 hernias sneezing, busted 6 hernias puking, busted 2 hernias coughing, some days it is hard to see the silver lining in all that I do have. Any medical professionals on here have any information at all to help a fella out

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could be feeding tube for the rest of my life

**** thats tough man. No info from me but I feel for ya I really do......

Post Thanks / Like

I can give you anything either. If I could you'd already had 4 yrs ago and be rid of that crap. All I can say is hang in there..

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your head up man, we will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no words Woody. Just keep your head up brother, God is great, keep your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I just said a prayer for ya'. I sure do hope you get better man. Sounds like a tough situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Elwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Elwood you have been through so much I can not think of anyone who is as strong as you are. I am praying that you will get great news on your next visit. God works in strange and mysterious ways you are a great husband, father and giving to others; keep the faith and we will all pray for a miracle.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, so sorry to hear about this Elnut. This shouldnt be happening as you have been through so much. You sure are very strong. You may not feel very strong now but you really are. You are an inspiration for me when my back gets bad or my elderly mother with dementia drives me so crazy I want to jump off my balcony but I dont. You have such a strong faith in God and it is certainly tested during these times. Please dont give up hope cuz I just know one day you will finally get some good news about your stomach and be able to eat regularily again. I just have faith it will happen for you. I will be praying and sending you positive messages.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like most of the other guys here Elnut....I don't have any words to tell you...good lord man that's a tough spot to be in. But Big Gills came through with some decent words, I think we can all count on at least someone from the fishin.com group to come through when needed. Thanks Gills! And Elwood....hang tough...This to shall pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Elwood, remember that God wont put on you more than you can handle. There was a great man once that asked God to take away his thorn in the flesh. God's response was, my grace is sufficient for you. Sometimes we don't understand why things are the way they are, but God knows. He knows what you are going through and he is there with you now. Hang in there Elwood, through Gods grace you are and will continue to be a blessing to many.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much but make the best of what you do have,good luck.
    Jake