Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Folding grappling anchors.

[FONT=Calibri]I bought one of those new 5# folding grappling anchors. The tines fold up for really compact storage and lock down when you use it. Even with its light weight and compact size it held the boat securely in the fast Ky river current right below the dam. Really liked it. Should have bought a new rope and chain with it though. When I pulled it up it moved just a tad and then perhaps it got a strike and the line went slack. Felt like I had lost a 400# sturgeon. #@%^ , that was a nice anchor. When the new get here I’m going to use a ½ “braid rope with chain.[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folding grappling anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    [FONT=Calibri]I bought one of those new 5# folding grappling anchors. The tines fold up for really compact storage and lock down when you use it. Even with its light weight and compact size it held the boat securely in the fast Ky river current right below the dam. Really liked it. Should have bought a new rope and chain with it though. When I pulled it up it moved just a tad and then perhaps it got a strike and the line went slack. Felt like I had lost a 400# sturgeon. #@%^ , that was a nice anchor. When the new get here I’m going to use a ½ “braid rope with chain.[/FONT]
    That was a learning experience huh ? I have donated a few anchors myself !
    Be safe !!!