Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitino leaving?

Post Thanks / Like

Pitino leaving?

Do not be suprised if it happens and do not be suprised if he goes to a certain NYC school that has a coaching vacancy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pitino leaving?

wouldnt be surprised at all, he did say he wasnt going anywhere didnt he

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of a coach who didn't say they planned on staying forever. They have to say it to keep the recruiting.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL thats what the UK guys thought Don't hate if he goes cause thats the way he works.
    Wonder if his off the court antics, Caliparis immediate recruiting and coaching dominance and UL not going as far in the tourny as UK has something to do with it?
    I hope he stays cause it adds to the Ky Basketball scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I think his off court situation is the biggest factor and he really looked tired after the game the other night. If he does go, two SEC coaches will be top targets from what I have been told.

Post Thanks / Like

The word I got (from a good source) is he told Jurich that he's seeking other jobs to escape the aftermath of the sex scandal he created for himself in Louisville. I don’t want to see him go, but a change of scenery for RP and UL might not be a bad thing. We will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, why wouldn't Willard be looked at for this job. He has a ton of experience and has won everywhere he' been. I think he would make or break Sissy Samuels to. Pitino needs to crack down on that guy, his head is way overinflated and quite frankly he S U C K S.

Post Thanks / Like

He looked tired and he looked OLD for the very first time during the Cal whipping. I LOVED him when he was at UK and if he left with any class at all would still LOVE him but to tell a recruit, I forget the kids name but it was the boy who came played and started one year and then he transfered to Villanova, that he is staying and then that kid signs and less than 3 days later he leaves for Boston showed flat out no class or integrity at all. Then to come back within 90 miles to an in state school that is the most hated rival to UK when he could have went to Michigan, UNLV and any other school that had an opening showed more arrogance - MY OPINION -. Hope he stays myself because with the lack of game that Louisville showed the first 5 minutes of the Cal game tells me that they will be on the level of EKU, Morehead State and any other instate school that UK plays on occasion within a couple of seasons. Who would want to play for a coach that looked and coached like he did in the Cal game? Would have had NO TELLING how many championships if he stayed at UK but arrogance gets the best of all of us at times. I saw an interview once when he was in Boston where he said he never should have left UK and it was the single biggest mistake he ever made in his life. My guess is the sex scandal has taken the place of the single biggest mistake but leaving UK is not far behind. He owned this state and it was all great when UK was on the decline but now that they are back on top, even for one year, the pressure is mounting on him more and more. UK may be back on the bottom next year when we loose Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins and Patterson to the first 15-20 picks in this years NBA draft, but even with Orton, Miller, Dodson and the others that will be coming back plus who ever else comes in, my bet is we will still be able to compete with Louisville and it will only take 1 year for Callipari to reload the gun with more bullets. Tough spot for Pitino but he put himself in this position by leaving UK, then coming to UL and then the sex scandal. Personally speaking, he has to live with and deal with the circumstances of the position that HE put himself in. He made those choices.

Post Thanks / Like

as a cardinal fan i hated to see PITINO come in as the coach, didnt like him at UK nd wont like it until he leaves UL. he does NOT have the fire he once had and i beleive if he stays we will not get the good recruits due to his personal lifestyle. its going to be long drug out seasons of not so good ball for UL just like it was at the end of Denny's time at UL. Ricks personal choices have for sure afeected the team as a whole and i will not miss him if he leaves. we need someone fresh and someone who can get the good players intrested in coming to the university. as far as our seniors on the team this year im not going to miss any of it. Sosa made very few key plays in his whole career at UL and Smith went from a good freshman to a mediocor senior , its like he went backwards. Ceva ,merra and kurick should have started every game and let the others warm the bench. and i cant even comment on Samantha Samuels

Post Thanks / Like

Woody, same level as Morehead State, EKU, Murray ect, dude you are really talking the smack today aren't ya. You guys have one good year and are now God's of basketball and can beat the Boston Celtics, take the reed out of that horn your blowing and clean it awhile, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

i agee he looked tired! But if you coached 2 senior guards who played as pathetic as sosa and smith you would be tired too! if he goes or stays it won't matter! he has to recruit a point guard and more guys to shoot! i think that samuels is a big baby and jennings should had been playing over him! for the uk fans coach cal has already said "if i last at uk for 10 yrs it will kill me" so i would look for him to be the long term coach! guys like coach crum and guys of his era are gone!

Post Thanks / Like

He will go to St. Johns. Good by and good riddance. He has become too hard headed. He should have been playing Siva, Jennings and Samuels. Smith should have been the 7th or 8th man off the bench.