Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geist and Morse 2010 launch fees

Yes very expensive to fish......However its close and convenient and a decent fishery, the tourney results reveal that! There is a tourney every tues night and almost everyweekend with the big bass 5lb almost always.......So go figure? Drive 2 hours to another muddy/stainded lake and catch nothing or hit Morse or Geist? Although it's nice getting out on a pretty lake with nice sceneria with trees and hills..

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff like this makes me happy i'm 5 minutes from bluegrass, 1.5 from Barkley, newton and patoka.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to DNR about this, they said years ago, about 25, they tried to buy some land for a launch ramp but when the vote came in it was just too expensive for them. Now I wish I would have bought that property, I can't believe they keep raising the launch fee. There should be a law, that's a reservoir, we should have a reasonable right to use it. I don't care who owns it, it is used for a water resource. The DNR puts an afficer on there to check fishing liscense, watch for drunk boaters, etc. They said of course they have to do that or it would be a mad house out there. I say the property owners should pay for that convenience, not us......... I wonder if they charge the DNR boat $30 dollars to launch?? Hummmmm........

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet, does the county sheriff have to pay for their slip on Morse. It's a primo spot in the marina too. Another interesting thing is how much the water company charges the marina for the lease. They know what they got and know that the peoples of Indy are willing to pay for the fees. Unless something really drastic happens, things won't change. Capitalism at its best.

Post Thanks / Like

First they force farmers to sell out to make a res for water company, then get rich selling off the extra land to developers. Sounds about right for our government!

Post Thanks / Like

Giest boat ramp

The fee's are outragous . to bad the people are paying for the lake upkeep . been fishin there for 30yrs and IMI HAS a corner on it. great fishin though. always go during week .not paying 30bucks to fish for part of a day. can always bank fish at luxhaven. great strippers and cat's there caught a few nice bass there too. keepers. later folks goin catfishin tonight gotta get ready. great fishin to everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Grass is looking better compared to those two lakes

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Stuff like this makes me happy i'm 5 minutes from bluegrass, 1.5 from Barkley, newton and patoka.
    Man Blue Grass is looking better now. One has to really like to fish to pay that much money just to launch a boat for ONE Day. I know that I would tell them to stick it at those prices. Too pricey for my blood. I don't mind spending money but to spend it on a lunch fee is some thing I'd rather not do. But then again if I really liked to fish and it was the only way I'd get to fish on a close buy lake then I guess I'd do it too. But I'm lucky to live within ten minutes of Blue Grass.

Post Thanks / Like

geist ramp

Quote Originally Posted by bassman409 View Post
    I talked to DNR about this, they said years ago, about 25, they tried to buy some land for a launch ramp but when the vote came in it was just too expensive for them. Now I wish I would have bought that property, I can't believe they keep raising the launch fee. There should be a law, that's a reservoir, we should have a reasonable right to use it. I don't care who owns it, it is used for a water resource. The DNR puts an afficer on there to check fishing liscense, watch for drunk boaters, etc. They said of course they have to do that or it would be a mad house out there. I say the property owners should pay for that convenience, not us......... I wonder if they charge the DNR boat $30 dollars to launch?? Hummmmm........
    I was at the meeting at Indy with the federation quite a few years ago and the water is public. They tried to access land but to expensive so they got together and came up with this fee that both sides agreed upon. problem with public water is the access. no way to get to it. I still beleive they should have used iminate domain and took that piece of land for a ramp but the shoreland assoc is a pretty strong organiz. and would have been tied up in court for a long time which would also be expensive to the DNR, guess we live with it or go someplace else.

Post Thanks / Like

Giest launch fee's

As of 2015 the fee's are 30 weekend 15 weekday. The ramp at I.M.I Is run by Citizens gas and water and Marina, but people ,who's taxes pay for it;s upkeep are getting screwed from the upper class, who build fancy houses there. but u are right the water is / has gotten bad. All the stuff those people put on their yard;s runs into it. have caught fish with strange things on them.But they still ski and tube there, I wouldn't get in it, next time your there take a good look at the water.