Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy Bad News......G-Ville Trip CANCELLED!!!

    I had a feeling this might happen being that I was planning this trip with my Father-in-law....and sure enough, it did! He bailed on me yesterday saying that he had "insufficient funds" to go on the trip. I had been pumped about this trip for MONTHS and now.........nothing. Really stinks. Had to cancell all our reservations and now I have to find something to do with all this lipless crankbaits that I bought just for this trip (don't use them much where I normally fish). Oh well.......minor set-back I guess. I told my Father-in-law that I'm still going to go fishing somewhere, cause once I have fishing on the brain......I've got to get it out somehow! Looks like we'll go back to Rough River Lake and try for Hybrids.

    Rock-
    Sorry I won't be able to test the HH's out on G-Ville. I will make sure to use them everywhere else I go and let you know the results. Thanks for trying to rush them to me in time for the trip, that was nice of ya.

    Take care guys.......

    -Rich

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Shepherdsville
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News......G-Ville Trip CANCELLED!!!

    Dang that ***** Rich. How come he waited till the last minute. I understand about not enough money, but surely he knew that was a problem before time to leave. Oh well, guess you will have to fish around here with the rest of us locals!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News......G-Ville Trip CANCELLED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Dang that ***** Rich. How come he waited till the last minute. I understand about not enough money, but surely he knew that was a problem before time to leave. Oh well, guess you will have to fish around here with the rest of us locals!
    That's what I said! He is just like that. Whenever I plan a trip with him, I always have the feeling that he is going to bail at any time. He retired young cause of health complications, so he gets strapped for cash a lot. Guess he had some car problems and had to drop some serious money to fix it. I was at work Sunday, so excited to get my shift over with to get home and prep for G-Ville...when he called and dropped the bomb! Oh well, maybe it is an omen.......maybe something would have happened or fishing would have sucked....who knows? I'll be up at Rough for the next two days. Take care.

    -Rich

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wolf Creek Dam
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News......G-Ville Trip CANCELLED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I had a feeling this might happen being that I was planning this trip with my Father-in-law....and sure enough, it did! He bailed on me yesterday saying that he had "insufficient funds" to go on the trip. I had been pumped about this trip for MONTHS and now.........nothing. Really stinks. Had to cancell all our reservations and now I have to find something to do with all this lipless crankbaits that I bought just for this trip (don't use them much where I normally fish). Oh well.......minor set-back I guess. I told my Father-in-law that I'm still going to go fishing somewhere, cause once I have fishing on the brain......I've got to get it out somehow! Looks like we'll go back to Rough River Lake and try for Hybrids.

    Rock-
    Sorry I won't be able to test the HH's out on G-Ville. I will make sure to use them everywhere else I go and let you know the results. Thanks for trying to rush them to me in time for the trip, that was nice of ya.

    Take care guys.......

    -Rich
    Hey Man , Sorry about your trip getting cancelled ! I was not able to catch enough HH'S to get in the mail to you yet either ! I will explain later !
    Hope you have a great couple of days at Rough !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BOWLING GREEN, KY
    Posts
    2,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bad News......G-Ville Trip CANCELLED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Hey Man , Sorry about your trip getting cancelled ! I was not able to catch enough HH'S to get in the mail to you yet either ! I will explain later !
    Hope you have a great couple of days at Rough !
    I'm glad that you didn't waste any $ shipping those, especially since the trip was cancelled. I appreciate the offer though. Take care.

    -Rich

Similar Threads

  1. Good News and Bad News
    By BASSKING in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
  2. First of the Year Dale trip.........CANCELLED.
    By GeoFisher in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
  3. Breaking News--Hot News Flash
    By Grumpy in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
  4. ky lake first trip more good news
    By dc chopper in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
  5. Good News/Bad News: Catalytic Converters
    By bassin_bug in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •