Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lady Cats To The Sweet Sixteen

First time in School history that both women and men's basketball teams make it to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen in the same yr.

Lady Cats whip the Spartan's in Freedom Hall last night by 18. I watched that game and thought IZZO had rubbed off on thier coach, but the Lady Cats came out in the second half to pull away.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lady Cats To The Sweet Sixteen

Nice win and well done by the young gals. I'm happy for them, they are having a tremendous year.

Post Thanks / Like

They have a real shot at beating Nebraska in the next game. Nebraska was undefeated until losing in the conference tourney but it was a very weak conference. SEC womens conference is always tough and with Georgia, TN and UK already in the sweet 16, proves again. UK finished second in the regular season and gave TN all they wanted in the championship game of the tourney as well. Lady Cats are a very good team with the SEC womens player of the year, Dunlap, SEC freshman of the year in Mathies, and SEC coach of the year in Mitchell on it. Nebraska better be ready, they play their second round game tonight against an 8 seed and if form holds get the Lady Cats next.

Post Thanks / Like

The Matheis girl is very good. Saw her play last year for Iroquois. I was really hoping she would go to Louisville. For those that didn't know, her older brother johnny was the starting point guard at Male, he played with Mike Bush and Larry O'Bannon. He played his college ball at Duquesne (sp) University.

Wish somebody would upset UConn, jeez, enough already. What have they won, like 1000 games in a row?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    The Matheis girl is very good. Saw her play last year for Iroquois. I was really hoping she would go to Louisville. For those that didn't know, her older brother johnny was the starting point guard at Male, he played with Mike Bush and Larry O'Bannon. He played his college ball at Duquesne (sp) University.

Wish somebody would upset UConn, jeez, enough already. What have they won, like 1000 games in a row?
    LOL, Yea Tim I'm with you it's getting old. Just give them the dang trophy and forget the tournement, why even bother, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Well all i can think of is another ( Old Hickory team - movie Hoosier's, starring Gene Hackman) team that upsets the UCONN women....anything is possible......Her's rooting for an upset in the Women's championshp game.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    LOL, Yea Tim I'm with you it's getting old. Just give them the dang trophy and forget the tournement, why even bother, lol.
    Maybe the Cardinal men's team could play them in an exhibition game....Losers have to sniff the winner's jocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Lady Cats To The Sweet Sixteen

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    Maybe the Cardinal men's team could play them in an exhibition game....Losers have to sniff the winner's jocks.

now that is funny for sure...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord I hope they don't play, I would hate to see Maya Moore take Edgar Sosa off the dribble!

Post Thanks / Like

It would be the closest any of the Louisville Basketball PLAYERS get to a womans jock (notice I said PLAYERS and not Head Coach). Does this mean that Pitino will be sniffing Geno's......because no way the UCONN women lose that game either.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Lady Cats To The Sweet Sixteen

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    It would be the closest any of the Louisville Basketball PLAYERS get to a womans jock (notice I said PLAYERS and not Head Coach). Does this mean that Pitino will be sniffing Geno's......because no way the UCONN women lose that game either.
    oh dang, i guess we add UConn's coach to the list of Pitino's affair list ( Bill Clinton quote ) I did not have sexual relations with those women....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Lady Cats finish second in the SEC and the SEC puts 4 teams in the Sweet 16 and Vandy loses by a point last night or it would have been 5. Toughest conference, HANDS DOWN, year in and year out the SEC Womens Conference. Top to bottom has the best talent and best teams EVERY year. Mind you, none of them can come within 20 points of UCONN, but the best conference in america. A couple of years ago there was 7 teams from the SEC womens conference in the top 25.

All that being said, UCONN is unbeatable. ZERO chance they lose any game ZERO chance any of their games stay within 15 points (maybe the UCONN / TN matchup in the final four stays within 15, but realistically it won't be that close). Never seen a team so dominate in their respective sport. Wish this UCONN team could matchup with some UCONN or TN teams of the past to see what would happen.