Search Fishin.com

Thread: Board UK fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Board UK fans?

Where is everyone, drinking their sorrows away?

I just don't get how the greatest amount of talent ever assembled on a single team gets beat by a so-so WV team playing without it's starting poing guard.

Oh well guess there is always next year, oh wait that's right they are likley going to lose Wall, Cuz, Patterson and maybe one or both of Bledsoe or Orton.

I said it once and I'll say it again that this is a weak, weak tourny field this year. I've never seen so many teams struggle to score 30 points by halftime in all my life and no it's not the defense, these teams just can't score.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Board UK fans?

WV is a good team, so don't discount them. They beat us by executing and making shots. They waxed Kentucky's ass tonight, fair and square. We shot horribly, they shot very well. We were rattled and out of sync, they put up a tough 1-3-1 zone. It happens. Last year we were defeated by Notre Dame in the freaking NIT. This year we were a #1 team during the year, a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney, and made it to the elite 8. 35-3 final record.

I'm very disappointed in the loss tonight, but I'll take the 2009-2010 season for what it was - WINS. SEC REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS AND SEC TOURNEY CHAMPS. CONTENTION. AMAZING IMPROVEMENT. A player like Wall doesn't grace the college court but once in a long while, so we were fortunate to enjoy him too. Bravo CATS.

As for players, yes, we will lose some...but we will reload now. It's a different ballgame. Have you heard of Mr. Knight, Mr. Selby, Mr. Kanter, etc, etc, etc. That Orton fellow and that Bledsoe fellow might just hang around too, you never know. Either way, we will be just fine, and we will compete for national championships again...we competed for one this year, right down to the final 8, and just got beat.

Watching the post-game presser, I like the class that Cal, Wall, Cousins, and Patterson showed in defeat. No complaints against refs or whining and moaning - All gave West Virginia the props they deserved. We weren't on the bench crying like little bitches either like I've seen a lot of teams doing when they get knocked out - We lost with pride. I'm quite proud of the Big Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

tough to watch the cats lose tonight, but i did it thinking about how long its been since we have been thought of as a possible national championship team. anyone who is a cats fan and complains and comes down on this team and coach are no different than all the UK haters out there. this has been one hell of a season, and although it ended sooner than i had hoped, i couldnt have asked for more. cant wait till next year, no matter who or who is not around to play for the BIG BLUE. go CATS!!!!!!!!!! dont forget to cheer on our lady HOOPS team sunday against nebraska

Post Thanks / Like

Not Bored, SICK, would be a better word. Never seen a game like this. A poor outside shooting team can't miss and a poor outside team would not hit water with the basketball if they was standing in the middle of the ocean. Lets see, take a guy from WV that made his FIRST 3 of the year and another guy that made 2, when he had made 4 all YEAR long. And then let UK go 0-700, and it was not like the same guy missed all 700 attempts. Bledsoe can't make ANY free throws, Miller misses free throws. Absolutely amazing. I am still trying to figure out how UK lost by less than 30, much less 7 and if they make a couple of 3's in the last minute possibly could have been down only 1. Unbelievable is all I can say.

Tim T, I will put your $25 in the mail tomorrow morning. Nice Bet and really it was a bet that I had no chance in losing, but that is why the play the game. I do think if they play 10 times, UK wins 7 or 8 of them, but when it counted WV could not miss and UK could not hit. Nice Bet

Post Thanks / Like

I was the only one in the bar last night cheering for WV. When KY was up like seven or eight everyone was giving me crap. Imagine what was going on in the last couple minutes. That's right I was the only one really cheering everyone else was pissed. After the game about everyone left to cry I guess but I partied on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    WV is a good team, so don't discount them. They beat us by executing and making shots. They waxed Kentucky's ass tonight, fair and square. We shot horribly, they shot very well. We were rattled and out of sync, they put up a tough 1-3-1 zone. It happens. Last year we were defeated by Notre Dame in the freaking NIT. This year we were a #1 team during the year, a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney, and made it to the elite 8. 35-3 final record.

I'm very disappointed in the loss tonight, but I'll take the 2009-2010 season for what it was - WINS. SEC REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS AND SEC TOURNEY CHAMPS. CONTENTION. AMAZING IMPROVEMENT. A player like Wall doesn't grace the college court but once in a long while, so we were fortunate to enjoy him too. Bravo CATS.

As for players, yes, we will lose some...but we will reload now. It's a different ballgame. Have you heard of Mr. Knight, Mr. Selby, Mr. Kanter, etc, etc, etc. That Orton fellow and that Bledsoe fellow might just hang around too, you never know. Either way, we will be just fine, and we will compete for national championships again...we competed for one this year, right down to the final 8, and just got beat.

Watching the post-game presser, I like the class that Cal, Wall, Cousins, and Patterson showed in defeat. No complaints against refs or whining and moaning - All gave West Virginia the props they deserved. We weren't on the bench crying like little bitches either like I've seen a lot of teams doing when they get knocked out - We lost with pride. I'm quite proud of the Big Blue.
    It's refreshing to see reasonable viewpoints from fans when games are both won and lost. Nice post.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a couple of glasses of bourbon and a cigar yesterday, but it had nothing to do with UK, in fact I didn't even know what time they played yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Tim T, I will put your $25 in the mail tomorrow morning. Nice Bet and really it was a bet that I had no chance in losing, but that is why the play the game. I do think if they play 10 times, UK wins 7 or 8 of them, but when it counted WV could not miss and UK could not hit. Nice Bet
    Elnut, take that $25 and buy a Bass Pro Shop gift card and donate it to the guy that had his tackle stolen!

I actually picked WVU to beat UK on my bracket. The reason is they play a 1-3-1 and they are long and athletic enough to play it well. It is something that teams rarely see and it gives them trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Elnut, take that $25 and buy a Bass Pro Shop gift card and donate it to the guy that had his tackle stolen!

I actually picked WVU to beat UK on my bracket. The reason is they play a 1-3-1 and they are long and athletic enough to play it well. It is something that teams rarely see and it gives them trouble.
    Are you sure? I got no problem sending you the cash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Are you sure? I got no problem sending you the cash
    Positive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    It's refreshing to see reasonable viewpoints from fans when games are both won and lost. Nice post.
    I concur totally.

TALENT TALENT TALENT TALENT, BAHAWAHABAHAWA
    Last edited by mhall; 03-29-2010 at 06:59 AM.