Search Fishin.com

Thread: Chimney Top

Post Thanks / Like

Question Chimney Top

Seeking any information, opinions, or general dirt on this stream. Love the gorge and want to do some camping and fishing there this spring but have never fished this stream, mainly East Indian and the Red River. The 16-in. one fish minimum has me quite interested. Anything divulged will be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chimney Top

16", one fish minimum........should be some whoppers in there with those kinds of restrictions! Is it artificials only? You've peeked my curiousity.....

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Col, I have not fished it either, I thought about checking it out sometime. I usually fis East Fork of Indian or Swift Camp Creek when I am there. I did hike into Parched Corn Creek to see if I could locate a wild brookie, but wnet in to low so made a nice scenic hike was all it amounted too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard some talk alright... When they put them in KDFWR and volunteers hike the 4"ers in via backpack, so you know they will have lived in that stream a long time before they get big enough to really be worth handling on a rod. Heard some Fly Store talk about 20" and larger fish coming out of one particular pool (don't know which one but if it is holding fish that size it shouldn't be hard to identify) but who really knows until the proof is in your hands. After crappie have settled back down I hope to get up there before it gets to hot.