Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bluegrass 3/30

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass 3/30

Well I thought with the warm temps today it would be on. That wasn't the case. 9 fish nothing bigger than 12". Two stupid crappie one about 11". I talked with a few people I knew out on the pit and they were having the same luck. No bass with bloody tails which really shocked me. Maybe later in the week with nice temps all week.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bluegrass 3/30

yeah I was hoping to get to go today but could not make it will go friday for sure hopefully it will be better fishing by then

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Justin. I thought for sure it would be on, i caught 12.. nothin big. Had a nice one shake off, they just wernt eating the bait good. The wind did blow some warm water into the north side of the lake, it actually got up to 58 degrees, but i just dont think there ready to spawn yet. Next new moon maybe? I did catch another musky tho lol, how crazy is that?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a nice Muskie today. Entrance to the first cove on the right in the H. Thought it was carp at first but it wasn't. Hard to tell the actual size of it underwater but it may of gone 30". It was just suspended there not doing much but moving a foot or so. I thought it was waiting for bait fish to swim out. I tossed a crank, trap, and a swim bait right by it and it didn't care one bit. It actually moved out of the way from the swim bait. I give up on Muskie there!

Post Thanks / Like

im going to try and fish today after 3pm. I would love to catch one of those Muskie's. have u had any luck deep cranking for bass? (staging on a deep drop)

Post Thanks / Like

Me personally, crankbaits havnt produced.. lipless mostly. My areas theyve been up shallow but have had deep water near by.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    im going to try and fish today after 3pm. I would love to catch one of those Muskie's. have u had any luck deep cranking for bass? (staging on a deep drop)
    I've tried deep everytime and only one short and a carp to show for it. Big fish are still holding 7'+ imo. I haven't caught a keeper in less than 6' yet.

Edit: let me clear that up. Deep cranking to me means 20' or more. Big girls are between 7'-18' imo. But I have been marking large schools at 40-50'. I guess would be crappie. But their depth will change a lot this week is my guess with highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's.
    Last edited by JustinM; 03-31-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevens View Post
    Me personally, crankbaits havnt produced.. lipless mostly. My areas theyve been up shallow but have had deep water near by.
    I agree about the lipless 110%. Not much on cranks yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    I've tried deep everytime and only one short and a carp to show for it. Big fish are still holding 7'+ imo. I haven't caught a keeper in less than 6' yet.

Edit: let me clear that up. Deep cranking to me means 20' or more. Big girls are between 7'-18' imo. But I have been marking large schools at 40-50'. I guess would be crappie. But their depth will change a lot this week is my guess with highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's.
    i fished 3 hours today 4 small fish on jerkbait, real windy