Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Basspro shop at bluegrass

A light bulb just flashed inside my head. Someone said that the Manger at Gander Mountain use to work at Target as a manager?

Do you see things in the stores that you like to buy one week and the next month the store has moved everything you like to another location in the store. This forces you to walk around the store to find what you came into the store to buy in the first place. But in the process you have to walk around the rest of the store looking at everything on the shelves to find what you want.

It's a trick to lure you to buy other things. If you have to walk around the store a lot more you tend to buy more things that you really don't need.

I don't like this trick but what can we do about it?

I noticed that the Boonville Walmart Store has moved everything around in there. They do this all the time.

Perhaps the new manager at Gander Mountain is doing this to make you walk around the fishing dept more and buy more things? Or Perhaps not.

I'd personally really like to have all the crank baits in one section and organized by brand and size.

For me I want to get in the store, buy want I want and get out of the store and back to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    if it will help, then hell yes. their displays are a joke...at least group things in proper order...i don't like walking one place to get one type of string, then to another isle to get some other type. the one good thing they have going for them, as someone stated, are their trick sticks...BPS can't even compete with them, high quantity and quality for a low price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Basspro shop at bluegrass

Guys I hate to tell you this but it is called Merchandising and Marketing. Do you think Wal-Mart would waste all that time and effort if it didn't work. I know it agravating but your not going to change it. It's a fact of life in retail........