Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake

Have the fish moved up shallow yet? Gonna fish their Wednesday and Thursday. If you have any info please let me know: water temps, etc. I will post how I did later.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Green River Lake

Was just getting ready to post the same thing. Going down there this weekend for most likely crappie with my son and was just wondering the conditions and if the bite is on yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with the crappie but the bass are on....Three tournaments Saturday morning and I would be surprised if it doesnt take 20+lbs to win each one....water temp early in the mornin 55 or so and later in the afternoon youll find 60-62....water is pretty clear for this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Monday April 5th and the bass were very shallow. As far as you can go. Went and fished the creeks that were off of deep water. Threw senkos in black/blue and watermelon. Caught fish from 6" to over 5lbs. My boys and I had a blast. Water temp was 63 degrees.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

What size senko was you using 4",5" 6" ? Did you fish it wacky rid ?
    Thanks, Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tournament there Saturday...will post feedback afterwards on conditions, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tournament Saturday also. I have fished Green River in past couple of years around this time and have had real good bags of fish. Last year my partner and I finished 3rd with 17.99lbs our big weighed 6 lbs. even. First and second place both had over 18 lbs. Just curious what an inch of rain and little cold front going to do

Post Thanks / Like

Also fishing a tourney there saturday.....three of em going out of ramp 1....renegade, usa bassin, and the 1000 guaranteed....im not sure we got a full inch of rain but with them holding it id say she'll come up maybe a foot....as of this mornin it was down 4.6ft.....would be surprised if it doesnt take 20+lbs to win the tournaments.....the fish have been on out there

Post Thanks / Like

gross...i might want to mention to the club that we go out a different ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished yesterday and it was decent. By far not my best day on Green but not bad. My best 5 went around 14lbs. Fishin is life was right, the water is clear. Way too clear for my liking for this time of year. I did find 64.6 degree water yesterday afternoon. After I saw that I cruised some spawning areas but didn't see any. I looked back at my log from last year and the water temps are almost 10 degrees warmer than this time last year. After the full moon a few days ago I thought there might be a few. I know some of the farm ponds around have some spawners in them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishing the FOP tournament, we are going out of the State Park. I finally talked them into fishing Green instead of Nolin in April. I hope some good bags are brought in or they might throw me in the lake. I made the suggestion because my other club fishes there every April and we have had some great bags brought in the last few years. Two years ago guys had 14-16lbs bags and didn't get in the money. Good luck fellas we should have around 30 boats in our tournament, sounds like it's going to be tight fishing quarters.

Post Thanks / Like

Cold front is in full effect....was on the main lake last night and the warmest water we found was 56....most of it was 52-54