Search Fishin.com

Thread: Herrington Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington Lake

Anyone know why they are pulling the lake down.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Herrington Lake

looking at the dam for something

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin has been smoking some BIG SLAB CRAPPIE at Herrington lately. He has sent several impressive pictures to me via text.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone getting a receipt for their $10 launch fee? If the dock oweners are going to gauge on the fees, lets at least make them turn the income in to the IRS.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just been paying 6 at Bryants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    Anyone getting a receipt for their $10 launch fee? If the dock oweners are going to gauge on the fees, lets at least make them turn the income in to the IRS.
    There the only one's charging this that I know of. Qwinns and Coffees cove is still 5 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Put in at Gwinn on Saturday, and it's $6 now. New owners at Gwinn's and a new owner at Nelson's...I think Nelson's is $7.

I ran up the lake looking for warmer water and a hybrid run, but I could not make it to Bryant's...lake was 2ft deep just past the old 34 bridge. Water temp was 60F in the 2 ft deep section. Between 55-58F in most of the lake.

The 152 bridge is closed...I was unaware until I reached the bridge. Had to turn around, drive to Danville, then north to Gwinn. Wish I had known about the road closure...no road construction signs until you reach the bridge.

They were jumping near 7pm Saturday night. This made up for the bad fishing in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    There the only one's charging this that I know of. Qwinns and Coffees cove is still 5 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have any problems launching at Gwinns at this water level? I am wanting to go tomorrow and am trying to decide where to put in. Going to take my son looking for crappie and hybrids.

Post Thanks / Like

You can put in at Bryant's but you have to be careful because the water is very shallow in that section. We found that the whites are very small (4-6") up in that area. Very few over 8" as far as our catch. I think the larger whites and hybrids are staying down in the deeper water. If you go up to the falls you must be careful as to underwater rocks and trees which will reach out and touch you before you know it. I would stay in the deeper water myself. Bryant is charging $6.

Post Thanks / Like

I had no problem launching at Gwinn's...as you are backing in, keep your boat as far to the driver's side of the ramp as possible. If you dropped off the concrete on the passenger side, then it's a 1-2' drop. Not good for your trailer.

Unless the water level has increased since Saturday, then I suggest avoiding Bryant's...unless you plan to troll to deeper water. 2' of water is too shallow for me to run my outboard. The silt/mud will tear up an impeller much faster than plain water.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggy2 View Post
    Did you have any problems launching at Gwinns at this water level? I am wanting to go tomorrow and am trying to decide where to put in. Going to take my son looking for crappie and hybrids.